Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help ! :) I'm looking for an HRM with a large wristband. Everything I have tried at the local fitness stores (mostly polar) don't even come close to fitting my wrist. Anyone out there have any ideas ? I would like to have a dual purpose unit so that is why I am looking for a wristband model. Any Clydesdales out there that use a HRM ?

TIA

Scott

· Registered
52 Posts
Wow, you must have seriously big wrists - I have a polar 725x, and I also have pretty big wrists, but tightening the HRM normally around the wrist still leaves at least five or six holes on the band.

Now, if this is only for bike riding, the polar models (and I assume other makers as well) can also strap on to the handle bar instead of your wrist.

· Registered
5,196 Posts
What I do

Has nothing to do with wrist size. I buy a HRM, remove the strap, go to Walmart and buy a timex velcro watch strap. That way i can mount it on my handlebars or wear it, it has a good solid grip.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, let me ask this a different way. What HRM's have replaceable bands ? The Polar models I have looked at (admittedly lower end models) don't appear to have replaceable bands. FYI I do have large hands and large wrists, also right now I'm at the bottom of the clydesdale category but even at 170 (my goal weight) I doubt that I can find a band to fit. I recently purchased a mid range divers watch and the links for the band to make it fit my wrist was half the cost of the watch. Had I purchased a similarly priced dress watch from the same company the cost of the extra links would have exceeded the initial purchase price of the watch.

Shog

· Registered
5,196 Posts
Features

Like anything, the more features of the HRM the more expensive. Alot of riders go with a Timex, there are just so many choices. The Timex strap is $7? I don't recall ever seeing a HRM w/o strap pins, I could be wrong. Never been an issue for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.