Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After how many miles should the hubs be re-greased? I've never done it before on my 1999 Rolf Vector Comps. Should I look into trying it? There is no sign of a problem. Just trying to teach myself better preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Umm, it depends

cydswipe said:
After how many miles should the hubs be re-greased? I've never done it before on my 1999 Rolf Vector Comps. Should I look into trying it? There is no sign of a problem. Just trying to teach myself better preventative maintenance.
Frequency depends on hub design and riding conditions. If you have a well designed hub and ride only in nice weather, the hubs can easily go 10K miles between overhauls. A poorly designed hub and lots of wet weather may require much more frequent maintenance. Since you want to learn the skills, do the overhaul and look at the grease. If it is still clean (not at all likely) then you know that you don't have to worry about the next overhaul.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.