Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Promax/OP rear wheel from my LBS. He called me today to say that Quality has the Suzue hubs on backorder, but have the Surlys available. Are there any people who have expereince with both? Is one better than the other, or is it an apples to apples comparison. I sort of had my mind set on the high flange Promax, but he doesn't know how long they will be backordered, and I don't think I've seen any reviews on the Surly, but then again, I wasn't really looking before now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ProMax over the Surly hubs.

I would say wait for the Pro-max. Lovely hubs all around, very smooth. High flange hubs just look better IMHO.

My friend has had both and thinks the Surly hubs are just ok but not as good as the Suzues. But thats just his personal opinion.

·
formerly ss-nyc
57 Posts
In terms of quality and spoke count...

1 - Suzue ProMax 32h or 36h

2 - Surly 32h only

3 - Suzue Basic (sometimes called junior - non sealed hub) 32h or 36h

TUT2222 said:
I ordered a Promax/OP rear wheel from my LBS. He called me today to say that Quality has the Suzue hubs on backorder, but have the Surlys available. Are there any people who have expereince with both? Is one better than the other, or is it an apples to apples comparison. I sort of had my mind set on the high flange Promax, but he doesn't know how long they will be backordered, and I don't think I've seen any reviews on the Surly, but then again, I wasn't really looking before now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts