Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, have seen a very review on novatec Hubs? in my are pretty good and cheap? recomendet what hubs price quality fart?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391785553.184128.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Good value for the money you pay for them.

I prefer Ultegra for the same money if you are willing to lace 32h or 36h.

·
Registered
3 Posts
See china carbon wheel forum. Some people saw bearing failure in BItex from the begining or earlier miles. I know it might be a few ratio but It seems for me like novatec is more solid option.
And my main reason to pick up novatec is stable market of spare parts. I am not sure if you can find eg, bitex freebody after 2 or 3 years but you may not see a problem in getting novatec spare.

Sorry for my english too.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
I have no experience with Novatech, but the Bitex hubs I have have been working very well for me. What specific benefits would the Novatch hub offer over Bitex hubs?

·
wut?
500 Posts
A trusted American seller of Novatec hubs in Taiwan wrote on another forum not long ago that Novatec is a roll of the dice unless you buy them from a reputable seller (not Ebay or Ali....) because Novatec produces many different runs of hubs built to buyers spec. These buyers in turn often sell off their leftovers randomly on the web. At the very least you need to know what bearings they have in them because most of these sellers are going with cheap Chinese POS bearings.

Others sellers, like the one mentioned make sure the hubs have quality EZO or Enduro bearings.

Novatecs can be fine quality hubs, but know specifically what you are buying and who you are buying it from to know that you are getting the honestly spec'd. product.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I had that same novatec combo. The front hub flange broke off (20 hole) and nearly destroyed my fork because the wheel went so untrue that it was rubbing the inside of my fork.

The back bearings got destroyed really quickly and I had to get them replaced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts