Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Record heat forecast today.

That is ok, we know what to do about that.

Get an early start.

Head south down the river before the Mount Vernon Trail gets (too) busy.

Stop for breakfast on the way back.

Best Huevos Rancheros I've had in years! :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Then it was time for the real reason for this ride.

Well done but very sobering.

Brings back lots of feelings that I would really rather not have.

I wonder if anyone will ever sit on those benches.....

Seemed like it was going to be a pretty quiet ride home.
 
G

·
MB1 said:
Record heat forecast today.

That is ok, we know what to do about that.

Get an early start.

Head south down the river before the Mount Vernon Trail gets (too) busy.

Stop for breakfast on the way back.

Best Huevos Rancheros I've had in years! :thumbsup:
Very good as always.

What brand and model are the headlights and tail lights you are running?

BTW - abiciriderback ( Ray ) has jammed out of the PNW ride next weekend, I think largely because I knew the answer to his secret question.

You need to give him h#ll!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MB1 said:
...Seemed like it was going to be a pretty quiet ride home.
The trails had gotten crowded and for some reason traffic was backed up everywhere.

Oh look, there is a triathlon going on. The roads are closed!

No fools us, we took the opportunity to ride on those closed roads (it was a good thing for one of those triathletes since I fixed her flat and got her back on the route before it was shut down).

Then we headed home along the C&O Canal.

Which gave me an idea....... :idea:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So let's see....

(Hot day+early start+great breakfast)/sobering memorial+crazy multi-sport event=good idea (I mean really;are we not multi sport athletes too?!?).

And that my friends is how you end a fab weekend!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Twitterpated
Joined
·
3,116 Posts
* Now I know what 650's look like next to 700's. (i might get a 650 bike someday.)

* Did Miss M win the triathalon?

* A boat ride too! Don't you guys get tired?

* Miss M's blue helmet looks good.

Inspiring pictures MB1. I wish I was out riding right now.

Thanks,
Tshirt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
T-shirt said:
* Now I know what 650's look like next to 700's. (i might get a 650 bike someday.)

* Did Miss M win the triathalon?

* A boat ride too! Don't you guys get tired?

* Miss M's blue helmet looks good.

Inspiring pictures MB1. I wish I was out riding right now.

Thanks,
Tshirt
Although she was a fine runner back in the day (and still gets up early and runs most mornings) there is no way Miss M is putting her face in the Potomac.

Tired? Plenty of time for that when we are 6' under.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FatTireFred said:
bikejerseys.com sells a ls summer jersey
Got it right the first try...

Those are long sleeve summer jerseys from bikejerseys.com by far the most comfortable hot weather clothing we have ever tried.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Own Private Idaho said:
Good thing those benches are in a graveled area. If that were paved the skateboarders would be all over them. ...
I suspect the guards at the Pentagon are locked and loaded-skateboarders on those benches would be like skeet practice for 'em.
 

·
Bacon!
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Now that's an awesome report. What a mix!
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top