Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been commuting on an old Huffy Mountain Bike 30 miles a day(15 each way) for quite some time. I had an itch to buy a new bike since I travel a good distance and picked up the Trek 1000. OH MY GOD! Why did I stick with my $85 special for so long!! I never knew a bike could feel this good!!! Im hooked on biking now! Just thought Id share.

· "Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Thats the spirit

Road bikes are road specific. They're built for speed and aggresive handling. No other bike on the planet can even come close to what these babies can do on speed, providing you have the engine for it.

Do I see a 'Trek "Madone", or a 'Cannondale' "Six 13" in your future??!! Yes, I think I do. :D

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jtolleson said:
Congrats! But I bet all the miles on that Huffy made you extra strong, too!
I guess so! I compared the weight of both bikes after i bought the Trek, night and day. I really was working my ass off going to work, but chalked it up to good exercise, and being able to see the German countryside. The Trek is so smooth and effortless, I feel like Im cheating!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
croswell1 said:
Road bikes are road specific. They're built for speed and aggresive handling. No other bike on the planet can even come close to what these babies can do on speed, providing you have the engine for it.

Do I see a 'Trek "Madone", or a 'Cannondale' "Six 13" in your future??!! Yes, I think I do. :D
Im not sure what those are, but will check it out. NOOB here.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.