Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered June '09 / Delivered June '10. Well worth the wait.

On paper this bike started life as a "Monstercross", then morphed several times into what it is now...cross racer, commuter, mixed-terrain ride weapon of choice...built with Black Cat hinged dropouts I can run it as a singlespeed during cross season if I choose to race this instead of my Bianchi Roger, and geared the rest of the time. Rack mounts in case I get the touring bug, and fender mounts for rainy season commuting. Room for 42c tires. Oh yeah, and discs only, of course.

Hodge podge of parts for the moment, but I like the way it came together. Sorta on the heavier side of my expectations, at 22.3lbs, but the only parts I picked specifically because they're light are the wheels.

Campy Chorus 10 w/Jtek Shiftmate #2
Shimano 952 XTR mid-cage rear, 952 XTR front
11-32 XT cassette
Race Face road cranks, 38/48 chainrings
Avid BB7 road discs
Stan's Crest/ZTR wheelset rolling on Conti Speed 700x35c cross tires, with tubes for now
FSA/Thomson/King/Crank Bros/Fizik bits

Once I figure out if 38/48 is the best all-round gearing, I may dress it up with a pair of those White Industries VCB chainrings for some ENO crankarms I am not using.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sweet Bike!

Sweet bike Tam Jam! Rick sure does wonderful work. I like the versatility of your bike.

As an aside or tip, I run a Campy drivetrain on my CX too, but, with a Campy derailleur, it shifts a Shimano 9speed cassette [use the derailleur limit screw to avoid the overshift] or [obviously] a 10 speed Campy w/o using the JTEG at all. I'm using different wheels of course - IRD 11/28 9speed/Shimano cassette for CX, and Campy 11/25 10 speed for road with KMC X10SL chain on both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.