Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
434 Posts
I bought these a month ago and have ridden probably 500 miles on them with no flats. I have a co-worker who bought them as well and has gotten 4 flats on these. Next time around I'll probably try something else.

· I used to wave
417 Posts
Most don't post if theres no problems, so keep that in mind.

I've been on a set 1 year exactly. 1500 miles later I've had zero problems. Nada. Still on the original 70gm Performance tubes no less. Still on them, altho the rear is pretty worn as one would expect. Stick good when descending down steep mtn roads, ride fine, etc. No worries. I have another set waiting for they're turn.

Of course I'm doomed now to have a flat next ride.

· Registered
96 Posts
great tires for the price,sticky and fair on mileage about

1000 miles per set ,I wore out one set,my kid is on his second set and he has a spare set waiting,I switched to Vreds SE and found them comparable maybe longer lasting. I am going to try Michlins Pro Race next.yeah I think if people are having no problems with their tires they don't post replies.

· Registered
205 Posts
Try Michelin Carbons or Megamiums2s

Megamium2s... I think I stocked up at $22 each. They look fat, but they are as fast as any training tire on the road, in my opinion. I trust em in cold, wet rain.

Mich. Carbons look fast, ride a little harder- I like how they ride, I'd worry in rain.

Hutch Carbons- are very much lighter than the other two... there is just a lot less rubber in the sidewalls, you can immediately feel it when you handle the uninstalled rubber. They seem like decent tires, but they are clearly not built to withstand road abuse.

I just did my first practice crit last Tuesday. Got my legs torn off and my lungs seared pretty good- but the Megamiums were putting me through the turns as tight or tighter than anyone in the "B" crew.... that part felt pretty good. That and not finishing DFL. Everything else pretty much hurt, come to think of it.

'meat

· Registered
376 Posts
I've got a set on my rain bike

Actually, this is my third set. No problems with flats. I started on them because they were decent quality and cheap. The only issue I had was cutting one rather severely on a sharp stone (fortunately it was the rear as I was going pretty fast). However, to be fair any tire would likely have faired the same.

My biggest beef with them is I really don't like the ride quality. I have started back on Vittorias and the ride quality is much better. However, if you like the Hutchinsons the price is right and they wear ok. Lots of deals to be had.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.