Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice camelback cloud walker, but am finding its a tad too big for road cycling. Great for mountain cycling though.

Any1 suggest a nice hydration pack that would work nice for roading? Im planning on carrying an extra water bottle on bike bike, and also mounting my pump on my bike probably also so it can be minimalist...

I was looking at this though http://www.camelbak.com/sports-recreation/spring-summer-hydration-packs/2010-hydrobak.aspx

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
I see a lot of what you're suggesting on group rides. I used to use a Lobo, which is smaller than what you're suggesting, and I've been happy with it. I now use water bottles instead because I never run out due to rest stops.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks, im now looking for something that can hold my compact pump and a multitool and spare tire just in case. i still think i could probably fit this in there

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I use a Camelback Mule. It's large (90 oz) and has lots of pockets for extra tube/tire, pump, rain jacket, food, wallet & keys, even flip-flops to walk about.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Trek2.3 said:
I use a Camelback Mule. It's large (90 oz) and has lots of pockets for extra tube/tire, pump, rain jacket, food, wallet & keys, even flip-flops to walk about.
Same here. Great pack.

Only really use it if I'm going on an "expedition" at this point though where I won't have easy access to refill the bottles and/or would have a long walk if I ran into a major mechanical.

I might use one of those RaceBak ones on organized rides w/ rest stops just for the sheer convenience factor of the drinking tube. I definitely drink more water when I'm out w/ the Mule than when I'm just doing the bottle.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Actually, I have a smaller Camelback too. I only use it on short rides on clear days on asphalt paths. I'm one of those people who can't drink out of a bottle and ride at the same time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coool cool yeah i have a cloud walker which is similar to the mule, not quite as big though i don't think.

Excellent quality for sure im pleased with it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts