Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my coworker just told me this as I was helping him find a new bike. As a kid growing up, his dad owned a bike shop and he always had nice/respectable bikes.

As an adult, he bought himself an Ozone branded road bike. I had a chuckle and was about to give him a hard time for it until he said "Yeah... my dad gave me grief when I told him about my bike."

If you're a parent with a bike shop and your child eventually rides a department store special, how would you feel? :p

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
If you're a parent with a bike shop and your child eventually rides a department store special, how would you feel?
like i completely failed him and/or he is doing it out of spite.

time for an intervention.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
So my coworker just told me this as I was helping him find a new bike. As a kid growing up, his dad owned a bike shop and he always had nice/respectable bikes.

As an adult, he bought himself an Ozone branded road bike. I had a chuckle and was about to give him a hard time for it until he said "Yeah... my dad gave me grief when I told him about my bike."

If you're a parent with a bike shop and your child eventually rides a department store special, how would you feel? :p
Surely there are mercenary bike thieves for hire, to solve just this kind of problem.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Is that the same if you're the dad and own a (insert your favorite European brand) car dealership and your son purchases a (insert your favorite, let's say American brand) vehicle?

Perhaps it's apparent he doesn't feel the same or is not as passionate as you are about it.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Did my son buy the Ozone with his own money? Then I’m happy for him.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Is that the same if you're the dad and own a (insert your favorite European brand) car dealership and your son purchases a (insert your favorite, let's say American brand) vehicle?

Perhaps it's apparent he doesn't feel the same or is not as passionate as you are about it.

Difference being most cars are not allowed to be sold if they are as defective as most department store bikes.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Glad, because my kid likes to ride a bike. I don't care what kind of bike he picks, as long as he's safe and enjoying the sport.

Reactions: old_fuji

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The issue is more of he wanted a bike in a pinch because he signed up to do a triathlon with another coworker. His budget was too limited and he was too intimidated to go to an actual LBS to shop for something. We're in the process of remedying that as I have been helping him find a used bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.