Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, things are a bit tense lately. i stop off at jewel on the way home from work yesterday to pick up some groceries. i didnt have much to get, so i used one of the baskets. i remember i need to get milk, and they way things are going, i need to get me some beers.

with only a few items, i usually go through selfcheck. but the chick at selfcheck was underage, so she would need to call someone over to check my card. i usually ask if they can do a liquor check, and tell them whenever they are ready i will scan it. but i also have some produce, and that is always a hassle. i notice the <15 item lane is clear. having 13, i slide over.

yeah. its coming.

i have my own bags, so i toss those on the belt, then put my groceries there, too. the lady scans my shopper card and i notice another basket on the ground. so i pick it up and take it, along with mine, over to the basket area about 7 feet from the checkout. i see nobody is bagging my stuff, so i start. i like to do it anyway. everything is cool. im spreadin the good karma taking the baskets over and bagging, right?
as im bagging, i see two more people queue up; the one directly after me is a solid, somewhat tall, older man.
when she scans the beer i leave the bagging area to show ID. a bagger slips in to finish the two items i left out. as i come around the corner i notice the old man is looking straight ahead and mumbling. "ican'tbelievethisguywhereishiscarthehaswaymorethan15itemstheresnowayhefitallthatinabaskethowishegonnacarryallthatout..."
i turn and ask, "pardon me?"
"huh? what?"
"i thought you said something."
the checker looks at him, then at me.
"oh. umm, no. i was just talking to myself."
"ok. because i thought you said something ABOUT ME."
no response.

i usually let stuff like that slide, but i seriously thought i would be making my one phone call.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
I yelled at my wife last night b/c I thought she lost one of my arm warmers in the laundry. Then I found it in my jersey, wrapped up.

I also am a loozer.

OTOH:

I dreamed I got to meet Michael Ball last night. He was a nice guy.

I always seem to dream about riding / racing before a race weekend. Duh.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
he needed a headbutt

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I dreamed I got to meet Michael Ball last night. He was a nice guy.

I always seem to dream about riding / racing before a race weekend. Duh.
man crush?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
tomk96 said:
he needed a headbutt

The headbutt is an underused art form. No one sees it coming.

joe

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
I don't think I get why you were pissed off. Old men mumble. Ignore it.

did you have more than 15 items?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Icantbelieveyouwantedtopunchanoldmanbutdidnt.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Don't listen to these folks, Ed. I know what you're talking about. I aint no saint.

joe

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i had less than 15 items

he was too tall for me to headbutt (not k()d3)

i didnt mention in the post, but he was pretty indignant about it when i asked, "pardon." it was almost like he was baiting me.
im just havin a rough month.

maybe i should rent falling down

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Usoldmenjustmumbleatlotaboutthingsthatarenotimportantfiitsimportantweyellitoutit'snothingpersonal.

Get off My Lawn!

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
take a deep breath, ed. you need some emotional distance

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
The closest I've come to getting in fight as an adult was with an old man. I was merging into traffic (between 2 vehicles) from a high speed merge lane and he "shut the door on me", nearly rear-ending the car I was about to pull in behind because he had accelerated so much. Fortunately, out of the corner of my eye I saw him over-taking me as I was about half-way into the lane. He then ran me off the road onto the shoulder. Mind you, there were only 3 cars on the road and he had a passing lane he could have gone into if I had actually cut him off. I had accelerated up to speed and checked to make sure I had plenty of room to merge, I'm not one of these people who wedges in between others.

I was so pissed, particularly because I had my infant son in the car. So I followed him into a shopping center and asked him what the f*** he was doing. He said I hadn't stopped at the corner. What the f***? The road was designed precisely so you didn't have to stop, there was a designated right turn lane that just dumped you into the merge lane to pick up speed and merge. I told him he was crazy and he kept repeating over and over "you didn't stop at the intersection". He then called me "yellow" (I'll never forget this) because I let him force me off the road! I was boiling and said something like get out of your truck and we'll see who is yellow. All the while argueing with me thru his window he had rolled down just a couple of inches. He never did get out of his truck and it was probably best for everyone that he didn't.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
nodima said:
You should have asked him if he was pregnant, then parked in front of his house.
I dreamed I got to meet Kermit the Frog last night. He was a right bastard.

I always seem to dream about frogs / muppets before a lazy weekend. Duh.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts