Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry i havent posted, i was on a school trip from mon to fri :)

i know cxwrench missed me but alas i am here now

my question is:

how do i improve my avg. speed up to 15mph minimum? I see many people's profile on starva and they are doing 21mph and it makes me feel depressed how they can do an extra 20 miles in less time than me.

whats your guys tips on this?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would say 80% of it is half mental. Focus and remember...no matter where you go, there you are. Like Lance said..."be the ball Danny."

·
HERKWO
726 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
use kilometers

·
CEO Of The Internet
205 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a similar problem, right now my average speed is 21mph I want to slow it down to at least 15mph. How do I do this guys?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a similar problem, right now my average speed is 21mph I want to slow it down to at least 15mph. How do I do this guys?
I would just add a few miles to the end of each ride to bring that average down. Alternatively, you could start your rides a little later.

·
CEO Of The Internet
205 Posts
I like the little parachutes you can strap to your waist.
That's a good idea, if my current average speed is 21mph how much slower do I need to ride on average to get to 15mph.
Right now my bike is in the basement I want to ride outside, what should I do?

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Start your bike computer before you put your bike clothes on & check the pressure in the tires. Turn it off after you get out of the shower and have a snack.

This is time you are in the biking mode and I don't know why people don't figure this in their dayly time spent biking. I do.

·
CEO Of The Internet
205 Posts
Start your bike computer before you put your bike clothes on & check the pressure in the tires. Turn it off after you get out of the shower and have a snack.

This is time you are in the biking mode and I don't know why people don't figure this in their dayly time spent biking. I do.
Good idea but if I do this will people on Strava bully me and say i'm cheating? I think a lot of people hate me because of my average speed already and I don't want to make it worse, what should I do?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.