Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BobtheBuilder
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mornings commute in Phoenix is becoming cold!! I am used to the sun being up and it being in the high 80s low 90s around 6am. The past 2 days it has been in the high 60s low 70s. I am actually cold wearing my t-shirt and mountain bike shorts. Is this sad?

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
you are sad.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
Harden the f*** up ( :D )

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jeez. 60's or 70's in the morning here in Seattle is about as good as it ever gets at the height of summer. Anything over 63-65 and I definitely don't want for warmers or an undershirt.

On the other hand, 90 degree weather at 6AM would take some serious getting used to for most folks from the PNW, myself included. Perhaps it is all acclimatization, but goddang...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
EastonZ16 said:
The mornings commute in Phoenix is becoming cold!! I am used to the sun being up and it being in the high 80s low 90s around 6am. The past 2 days it has been in the high 60s low 70s. I am actually cold wearing my t-shirt and mountain bike shorts. Is this sad?
:17: :17: :17: :17: :17:

·
prosciutto corsa
364 Posts
high 60's low 70's is ideal for me in a t-shirt and lycra. throw in some cooling fog for good measure.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
EastonZ16 said:
You're not riding hard enough, especially with that dry cool.

A couple miles from SF Bay I wear shorts and short sleeves when commuting home after dark at 45 degrees in the winter and am fine apart from my hands.

·
huvia ja hyötyä
572 Posts
One of the best commuting days last winter:

I did wear pants and jacket...

·
Molto bene
111 Posts
Phoenix will do that to you. I lived there for 5+ years. I moved to Northern Italy and thought I was going to die that first winter and it only got down into the 30s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts