Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me a prude, but the ads featuring the scantily clad women are making it increasingly hard to open this forum at work. Maybe it is a subversive means to make me actually do work all day, but I doubt it. Does anyone else feel the same way?

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
those ads show a lot more(and are a lot bigger) than this avatar I was kindly told to remove. :confused:

Like they say. "Money talks".
Now that this has been moved down to the forum that no one looks at, I guess everyone is ok with them. The serotta forum is nice.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
those ads show a lot more(and are a lot bigger) than this avatar I was kindly told to remove. :confused:

Like they say. "Money talks".
and chumps walk.....isn't that how the saying goes.......I wonder how much a banner ad costs.....kind of an odd double standard, that avatar is not nearly as overt as some of the ads and at 80x80 pixels a whole lot smaller

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
bigbill said:
Now that this has been moved down to the forum that no one looks at, I guess everyone is ok with them. The serotta forum is nice.
I know a lot of you can't do it, but I block them with the Firefox/Adblock combo. It's a shame because I wouldn't mind relevant ads but, like you, don't need that crap on my screen.

They should limit them to the PG forum and save the "normal" ads for the rest.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
While I'm not at work I think I can see what you're saying. Anyways, it's pretty messed up that they went after friction shifter and put these ads up, no matter which way you slice it. I don't normally see the ads because I use adblock, but I disabled it for about 10 min to see what you were talking about, and is it just me or is everyother ad some ad for a personals site? Seriously they must be targeting J's and only J's or something, not everyone is a lonely desperate guy you know, it's not just one personals site either it's like 2-3.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that I can use a different brouser, but not at work. The "company" doesn't like anyone messing with the settings.

·
Administrator
12,942 Posts
The powers that be actually check this forum much more then the Lounge. Additonally I posted a thread in the Moderators Forum. I will put a link to this thread as well.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gregg said:
Feedback duly noted....checking with the bosses...

-g
Thanks, did I take one of those pictures on your avatar? I remember taking your picture with your camera when we stopped on the Sunday ride.

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Hey Bill!

First off, the True banners are gone. As are the noisy fish "help me" banners.
Too much negative feedback, not enough $

And you DID take a pic of me at that spot, but I think I actually pinched one of Len J's pics for my avatar.

Fond memories! (But your avatar is funnier!)

-g

1 - 12 of 12 Posts