Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
bigbill said:
And moving to Italy. I heard that they ride bikes there.
it must really suck to be you. ;)

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sn69 said:
Or some other entity? Which location? One of the ETD pilots is a good friend; lemme know if you need informal sponsorship help. He's in Sig at present, but also did a tour in Naples. Another friend just finished a tour in Gaeta if you need info for that area.

Congrats on your orders. (I'm expecting some any day now as well...but still here in SD.)
Submarine Tender in Sardinia. Spot job so I put on LCDR when I get there. I will only be there for about 16 months before the ship goes to Norfolk for overhaul. I should walk off while there.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Lucky bastid. I thought they'd stick you in Seattle to cool your heels for a while.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
6th Fleet staff?

Or some other entity? Which location? One of the ETD pilots is a good friend; lemme know if you need informal sponsorship help. He's in Sig at present, but also did a tour in Naples. Another friend just finished a tour in Gaeta if you need info for that area.

Congrats on your orders. (I'm expecting some any day now as well...but still here in SD.)

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Nice.

I fly in and out of Olbia all the time. Great looking place, although I've never had liberty there. What happens when the boat goes to the yards? Will you stay in Europe?

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sn69 said:
I fly in and out of Olbia all the time. Great looking place, although I've never had liberty there. What happens when the boat goes to the yards? Will you stay in Europe?
I will take it to the yards and go to shore duty. It is only a two year billet. The bigbill plan has me on shore duty until my 13 year (28 total) when I will take an at-sea billet to select for Commander.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Gotcha.

Beware of getting nabbed for an IA as the boat goes into the yards. REGNAV is culling the rank n file of sea duty folks whose boats are yard-bound, and, of course, they're nabbing people from shore duty left, right and sideways. I'll get mine by early next CY at the latest, in fact..... They just took our SupO.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
sn69 said:
Beware of getting nabbed for an IA as the boat goes into the yards. REGNAV is culling the rank n file of sea duty folks whose boats are yard-bound, and, of course, they're nabbing people from shore duty left, right and sideways. I'll get mine by early next CY at the latest, in fact..... They just took our SupO.
is this CODE? what am i missing?

jeebus.

hey, when ya want me to show up in SD?

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Ia

Stands for Individual Augmentation.

Or, how to turn a sailor into a soldier with 14 days of fun-filled training in Ft Jackson, South Cackalacky and then on to one to two years boots-on-ground in fun-filled, picturesque Iraq or Afghanistan. We ALL gets to play. Yippeeee.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
sn69 said:
Stands for Individual Augmentation.

Or, how to turn a sailor into a soldier with 14 days of fun-filled training in Ft Jackson, South Cackalacky and then on to one to two years boots-on-ground in fun-filled, picturesque Iraq or Afghanistan. We ALL gets to play. Yippeeee.
jus' answer the quershun, moreon. when do you want me there for RAAM training camp? i have a valid driver's lic with insurance and like that. and a tire-checker in case you get "tired".

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
bigbill said:
Submarine Tender in Sardinia. Spot job so I put on LCDR when I get there. I will only be there for about 16 months before the ship goes to Norfolk for overhaul. I should walk off while there.
Cool! When you walk of you'll be close to my backyard.

EDIT: Never mind. I just saw your comments in the other thread.

Best!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
jus' answer the quershun, moreon. when do you want me there for RAAM training camp? i have a valid driver's lic with insurance and like that. and a tire-checker in case you get "tired".
ps. give me team, crew, and family member t-shirt sizes sizes and # of shirts and what you'd like on them. one color, on black or white. i have a contact. will TRY to hook it up. no promises, but we done lots o'bidness in the pabst. etc. J's treat!

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
stand by on all

stupid busy at the moment

i need to win the lotto

NOW

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
sn69 said:
stupid busy at the moment

i need to win the lotto

NOW
hey, i'm making the shirts and flying my own ass out there and back.

more $ than that, you got yer own prollems.

beyotch.

and it's tough, too.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Yeah, but I was gonna buy you

a Corsa Extra with the winnings.

Common now, how 'bout a lil affection for the Yid?

Dates: I'm thinking the Saturday prior, if that's not too early for you. Bottom line? You'll stay here at mi casa until we zoom away into the annals of cycling stupidity. However, I don't want you to have to take too much time off from Connor, work, etc. Team RAAM launched on Tues, 13June. Anytime that weekend prior should work, yes?

T-shirts. Lemme get this one to ya in the mail first (TOMORROW...I PROMISE...effin' work is sucking my will to live this week, plus one of our officers came in sick, got us all sick, and--no kidding--just tested positive as a TB carrier. Great, b!tch gave me the consumption....) Take a look at the ones we've got already.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts