Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the recent Velonews article on Hamilton a few days ago, I got to thinking.
Some of what he claims makes sense but his story seems to have changed. Does anyone else remember all the accusations and the claims of extortion. How about the mysterious "man in black"? Or the "rare disappearing twin gene"? All of these stories seem to have been forgotten. If they were true, why not pursue them in court? His story and claims of innocence seem to now revolve around the accuracy of the tests.

It's hard to believe someone when the story keeps changing. Just pick one excuse and stick with it, then maybe someone, somewhere might still believe you. Either that or you could always JUST ADMIT YOUR MISTAKE AND STEP AWAY.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
If he has any sponsors left that would certainly keep his mouth shut and he may also be hoping that all the ones that dropped him will pick him up again once the suspension is over as long as he sticks to his innocence schtick.

Since his results were largely around the time of his funky tests I wouldn't hold my breath on him doing anything other than breaking some more bones once he's back.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
terzo rene said:
Since his results were largely around the time of his funky tests ...
If by "around" you mean 3-4 years, I agree. Or do you just not count 2nd GC Giro d'Italia with one stage win, 1st Tour of Romandie, 1st Leiege-Bastogne-Liege, a stage win in Tour de France, etc. as "results"?

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
And John Kerry lost too . . .

xcmntgeek said:
Die horsey, die, die, die, oops- the horse is already dead.

J
At the risk of resonding toa Tyler posting, can we forget about Tyler already? He was found guilty. He lost the appeal. Fin. Maybe if he's half the man Virenque was he'll 'fess up, get to business, and win Paris-Tours someday. Until then, there should be a Lance-and-Tyler-Americans-can-do-no-wrong-forum.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
And so did AC Milan to Liverpool......

Pablo said:
At the risk of resonding toa Tyler posting, can we forget about Tyler already? He was found guilty. He lost the appeal. Fin. Maybe if he's half the man Virenque was he'll 'fess up, get to business, and win Paris-Tours someday. Until then, there should be a Lance-and-Tyler-Americans-can-do-no-wrong-forum.
But I'd love to talk about that still.

·
Registered
72 Posts
asgelle said:
If by "around" you mean 3-4 years, I agree. Or do you just not count 2nd GC Giro d'Italia with one stage win, 1st Tour of Romandie, 1st Leiege-Bastogne-Liege, a stage win in Tour de France, etc. as "results"?
Two Tour of Romandie wins for TH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts