Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope the damn thing works as well as the testimonials (and von) imply.
I decided to get a reconditioned unit since they have the same warranty and free shipping deal, but it still set me back to the tune of around $250.

http://www.litter-robot.com

Yes, I do love my kittehs. I also detest the constant litterbox cleanup. If this thing works, I will be forever grateful.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
So kittehs will go in an MRI-esque machine?

This should be fun.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like to think of it as the kitteh flying saucer.

Just seems more fun.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
And soon, this will happen (after putting kittehs in saucer and sendin em to outer space):

·
Sharp
1,695 Posts
Hmmm... I hope you don't have a front loading washing machine, or that your dryer is on the floor instead of up high on the wall - else there might be a very nasty downside to teaching the kitties how to poop in that thing. :D :D :D

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
orbit said:
Hmmm... I hope you don't have a front loading washing machine, or that your dryer is on the floor instead of up high on the wall - else there might be a very nasty downside to teaching the kitties how to poop in that thing. :D :D :D
Speaking from experience? :eek:

·
Gruntled
3,737 Posts
Von recommended you get an electric-powered device to take care of your 'kitty'?

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Jim Nazium said:
Von recommended you get an electric-powered device to take care of your 'kitty'?
Evidently it cleans itself? The device, that is....

·
Review RoadBike Member
1,561 Posts
I have been interested in one of those as well.... I have to get he wife on board for a $200+ cat box though.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
wifey did some graphic design work for a similar thing called the cat genie...she got a free one, but we have no place for it. my MIL has it, but i haven't heard if she hooked it up ornot...i think they are a little less than this flying saucer thing...tho, speaking as someone who has to clean out the cat box today, i really wish i didn't have to

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
I installed a $20 cat door and the cat has been going outside for years. Rain or shine. I haven't had a litter box since 2000.

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
lets_ride said:
I hope the damn thing works as well as the testimonials (and von) imply.
I decided to get a reconditioned unit since they have the same warranty and free shipping deal, but it still set me back to the tune of around $250.

http://www.litter-robot.com

Yes, I do love my kittehs. I also detest the constant litterbox cleanup. If this thing works, I will be forever grateful.
Your carbon footprint just went up a size with that thing. :nono: :nono:

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Friend of mine has one of those and swears by it for his kitteh. I just want to put his kitteh in a spacesuit and attach a tiny step ladder on the thing...

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mohair_chair said:
I installed a $20 cat door and the cat has been going outside for years. Rain or shine. I haven't had a litter box since 2000.
My cats are indoor only. There is no leash/fence law here in the rural area where I live and there are lots of stray dogs. I wouldn't chance it. Plus, I'd be afraid opossums and raccoons would come in the house at night.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jim Nazium said:
Please. If I need advice on one of those I'll have one of those home parties. :p

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
lets_ride said:
My cats are indoor only. There is no leash/fence law here in the rural area where I live and there are lots of stray dogs. I wouldn't chance it. Plus, I'd be afraid opossums and raccoons would come in the house at night.
Plus "black and white striped kitties" have been know to use them. And the cartoons mislead you as to how funny this actually turns out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts