Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a seat on e-bay and have had trouble getting in contact with the seller through
e-mail. today, the seller sends me an e-mail, i reply and it gets bounced back undelevered!
how is this possible?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Lots of reasons possible

He may be using a free e-mail service that's lets him have X kb of messages and he's over it, so all new messages are bounced.

He may have his SPAM settings set to bounce all "unknown" or "untrusted" email accounts and yours is one of them.

There's a few others that come to mind, most benign like the above, but you get the idea.

Scot

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
several ways - first, their mailbox could be exceeding their quota and the server is refusing to accept any new messages. or, their server doesn't like your server and refuses the connection (this often happens when the admins of Party A decide that the mail provider of Party B are spammers.) Or there could be any number of problems with their incoming mail gateway. Inbound and outbound often do not work together very well. Have you tried replying directly back through eBay's mail service?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, thanks for the info, the message i got reads like this:

204.127.202.6 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 551 not our customer

which of course is as clear as mud to me, luckily, e-bay has provided contact info
so things should go along just as expected--this can be very frustrating stuff..very..
very....frustrating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts