Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new track bike over the weekend. It was just the ride I was looking for. I have been tweaking it and putting some different bars on. It came with Deda Pista bars but I wasn't a huge fan of those so I slapped my old bars on and it feels much better. The bike is about 15 pounds. That is 6 or 7 pounds lighter than my other race bike. This bike is strong and should do me well and with a little bit of luck Ill be able to race the national qualifier :D

The build:
Giant Omnium (probably 2007 2008)
Dura Ace cranks
Dura Ace bottom bracket
Dura Ace low flange 32H hubs
Mavic Open Pro rims
Cinelli Pista bars (with soapy Soyo grips ;) )

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PlasticMotif said:
CUT THAT TUBE.

What'd you spend?
Ive had the bike for less then a week :)
That is next on the list since I have been getting used to and messing with the stack height. Now that I have it more or less dialed in I need to chop it since it is pretty hideous. Giant seems to have a funny nut at the top of the steer tube that I am not sure is removable so I may need to get a new star nut. Anyone know anything about this?

Spent 750 on it. Bought it off of the Canadian teams coach (that is who is on the top tube.) He never chopped the steer tube since he wasn't sure if he would be reselling it in the future.

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fast ferd said:
I like. Good that it's got the drillin for a front brake. Lotsa track bikes don't have that.
That was actually a selling point for me. I live on top of a big long hill and like to ride to the track for races. Having a brake is quite mandatory. If there were no hill like that I would just ride brakless to the track and call it good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts