Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
studying closely what you moderne cyclists are into i have decided to build my own line of framesets. ive told you all about the wonders of steel but good business is giving the people what they want.

still in early development but it's promising and due to the use of secret high tech materials im pleased to say that each frame weighs aprrox. 1.1 lbs. below is an example of my art without the ubiquitous 17 color paintjob you cats all desire.

when ready ill offer them to roadbikereview.com members at a heavily discounted price of $500 (cept for gregg - yours is $1000 and comes with avatars & a different format). for that you get a uci approved handmade frame that not only will have fellow cyclists in disbelief but it' autographed by its famous builder - me. its obvious demand will be high so im busy collecting raw materials.

ciao

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I can't wait. Where do I send my $500 ?

However since we are giving up drinking for lent please be sure to only use recycled Coca-Cola cans (I'm not a Pepsi man).

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no probs MB1 .......

im in touch with the michael jackson estate and getting a shipment of spare coke cans a.s.a.p.

since you are confident and the 1st willing to throw down the cheese i'll even offer to upgrade your frame to a tandem fixie. since you'll probably be the stoker i'll need to take some measurments of miss. M.

im setting up an account in Nigeria and will forward payment details.

ciao

·
go up
648 Posts
You gonna make any bottle frames? I am into a mixture of Newcastle and Guiness and I think bottled is better than canned.

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i made a prototype from bottles .....

quite frankly it's a far better ride (cooper's sparkling ale) but my marketing department said any new frame will be judged by frame weight alone - as it tips past 1.4 lbs any catalogue cyclist will dismiss it as being inferior and not raceworthy.

ciao

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
stating the obvious, but

duh, everybody knows you could halve production costs using 24-ounce cans.

i'm thinking i could supply a lifetime of materials (a 14-pack per frame), so consider me a "venture" partner.

fyi, your marketing figures are in error. without a carbon rear triangle, you'll end up with a surplus of frames. hello?

ps. what size hs and seatpost diameter? yikes.

·
Done
4,569 Posts
I think that a "Clydesdale" version made from Foster's cans...

...might be an obvious niche to flog.

How about a "Tallboy Tandem"? Would "Lite" beer cans yield a "lite-er" frameset? A "Coors Cruiser" for the single speed crowd?

The mind boggles at the possibilities.

Oh, make mine Guinness, please.

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
them's fighting words ...

Colton said:
Would the frame be any lighter if you used "lite" cans?
i only use top quality materials - my reputation depends on it.

ciao

·
Administrator
13,070 Posts
Could you use a smaller font or not post that sig every time?

Also, can we select the brand of can you use- I was thinking those nifty Guiness Pub Draft cans would make a nice looking frame. . .

;)

·
The web is a MUT
1,373 Posts
That's great, what welding system was used

Spirito said:
i only use top quality materials - my reputation depends on it.

ciao
reply serious or humorous or both.
go ahead, I dare ya, I can take it.
I'd like to do a little light material welding in the next few years and am in the "starting to think about it" phase.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.