Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

What do I do ........................???

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty simple really.

I feel like I have a whole lot of bikes hanging around and the result of that is that some get ridden very seldom if at all.

Also, the truth is that I am getting older and find the larger frames more comfortable these days - these are on the small side of the bikes I own.

I suspect if I sell them I will regret it, even though I don't ride them. If I don't sell them, or one of them, I will keep wandering out into the garage thinking " geez there's alot of bikes out here "

Hence the confusion.

·
Air Force
280 Posts
Well they are both really nice. I like the green and red one a little better but they are both really sweet. Good luck with the choice. If you are running out of room in your garage you could sell the car instead.:D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The MXL is a "holy grail" bike for lots of lugged steel fans. Yours has several interesting features such as the seatpost extension, extended head lug, and the head lug cable guides. The ten speed group offers more gearing choices. I'm a sucker for pearl white and red. The MXL is the keeper of the two for me.

The 7-11 Corsa Extra is very sweet in a period correct and panto'd way. More of a snapshot in time. Clean it up, take a nice photo, frame the photo, and smile when you look the the photo.

singlecross

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Henry Chinaski said:
........ the white one looks too small for you. ............
I was sort of hoping no-one would point out that little tid-bit.

Sort of tends to factor into the decision doesn't it?

·
Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
I'd gladly buy one of those if I had the money. Somehow, I seem to like the looks of older lugged frames over new ones. Earlier, I was trying to trade some computer stuff of mine for a Vitus bike which was silver and black - it looked awesome! Not to mention, it was a better size for me. Need a computer maybe? :p

·
eminence grease
18,559 Posts
Do you think about selling your Skilsaw and framing hammer when you realize you don't use them that often?

I, perhaps more than most can appreciate the weight that stuff like this can have on your psyche. But I don't sell anything, I just get my head around to the fact that they don't have feelings, they're just taking up space and if I only get one good ride per year on them. they haven't cost me anything to just sit there. And, each and every one has its story, which might be reason enough to hang on.

But then I don't have any that fit in the "wrong size" category. That might be enough to make me consider it, but I'd probably just buy a longer stem.

Sell them and you'll regret it. And when you do, I will laugh at you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
terry b said:
Do you think about selling your Skilsaw and framing hammer when you realize you don't use them that often?

I, perhaps more than most can appreciate the weight that stuff like this can have on your psyche. But I don't sell anything, I just get my head around to the fact that they don't have feelings, they're just taking up space and if I only get one good ride per year on them. they haven't cost me anything to just sit there. And, each and every one has its story, which might be reason enough to hang on.

But then I don't have any that fit in the "wrong size" category. That might be enough to make me consider it, but I'd probably just buy a longer stem.

Sell them and you'll regret it. And when you do, I will laugh at you.
The virtual splash of cold water!

Wise counsel combined with the threat of ego destroying ridicule, what could be a more powerful combination?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Sell the 7-11, *maybe* the MXL. You won't regret selling something that doesn't fit you right, it's not like sell the Skilsaw, which is a 'one size fits all' tool. Bikes are tools, but size specific.

I really don't think you'd regret it, because you have other similar bikes that fit you (apart from the MXL, which is unique in more than one way).

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
I should hit you for even thinking about selling any of them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.