Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today, I decided to ride my old mountain bike because I knew I was going to be locking the bike outside for a couple hours and knew that might be a bad idea with my newish road bike. But I felt guilty for riding another bicycle. I got my new road bike last October and its the only thing I've ridden since then.

Some funny things that happened when I was riding today:
-My MTB has normal flat pedals on it. My road bike has speedplay clipless. Every so often I'd find myself rotating my heel out at stop lights to unclip... before realizing that I wasn't even clipped into the pedals.
-When pushing up a big hill, my feet keep coming off the pedals at the top of each stroke.
-I keep looking down to check out my speed and cadence, but realized I didn't have a bike computer installed on my MTB.

Not sure if this story has any point to it... just thought I'd share some funny experiences with others.

Anyone else have some funny stories about cheating on their new road bikes?

·
I like Chicken
1,442 Posts
I just ride whichever one I happen to be on at the time... as hard as I can.

·
Two scoops of inertia.
530 Posts
Just make sure your MTB is a singlespeed so your road bike doesn't feel like it's getting equal -> less attention otherwise you'll start flatting and dropping chain like no one's business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.