Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,934 Posts
I drove a 355. Great sounding car, nice power once you get to the higher rpm. Owning an older Ferrari is a super bad idea though, especially if you actually want to drive it like it's stolen. Parts are impossible to get and the car is designed by Italians who like putting bolts where you can't see or access them.

This is a picture of the F355 I drove. It was a yellow convertible, great to drive in Vegas:

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drove a 355. Great sounding car, nice power once you get to the higher rpm. Owning an older Ferrari is a super bad idea though, especially if you actually want to drive it like it's stolen. Parts are impossible to get and the car is designed by Italians who like putting bolts where you can't see or access them.
Engine service = complete removal.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts

This is a picture of the F355 I drove. It was a yellow convertible, great to drive in Vegas:

I like yellow and black!

·
Registered
29,583 Posts
Cars are nice but nothing one drives comes close to the pure rush of a Superbike .. brake - lean - hit apex and dial on power until horizon appears ... rinse and repeat over and over and over.

Hwy 4 across the Sierra is 110 miles of it and as good as anything in Europe.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Cars with lots of power are SO over rated. I challenge you to a back to back "pull off", my 46 HP against your 6 or 700.

Attachments

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
killjoy

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cars are nice but nothing one drives comes close to the pure rush of a Superbike .. brake - lean - hit apex and dial on power until horizon appears ... rinse and repeat over and over and over.
Super cars are also a major imposition.....to me anyway. I had toyed with the idea of an old NSX when I retired, but no longer have access to free storage. That was enough to kill the urge. Wish I'd bought one 4 years ago just to flip. They're appreciating like crazy.

A friend leased an Audi R8 last summer and gave me a ride. The capabilities if the car are completely wasted on public roads. An old Honda S2000 or Miyata would be more fun.

·
Banned
987 Posts
I enjoyed that very much, especially the freedom wafting starting around 11:44.

"Marco please push, pump up the volume, pamp upa da volume!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts