Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen people here reference some "rules" that seem to apply to cycling. It seems like they may be the answer to all my questions. Everything from leg shaving to gear selection. So here are my questions:
Where are they?
Who created them?
Is there one central document that has been passed down or is it reinvented on an annual basis by committee?
How many are there?

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
The Velominati are cool.

More often than the recommendable, they tend to slide into the "cycling nerd" territory.

They often kind of remember me those guys dressed on Star Wars or Lord of the Rings thematic.... Or talk in Klingon language.... That kind of nerds.

Their rules were initially kind of cool, but they should have stopped on a dozen or so... Now they have rules about the most silly stuff,

I like a lot however how do they organise their classics trips, their pictures from Flanders or Roubaix are great.

·
Banned
941 Posts
So here are my questions:
Where are they?
A chain letter. Most popular topics for successful chain letters are politics, religion or health. A bicycle-themed chain letter is a rarity, which is why it is so much talked about.

As any chain letter, in order to be successful it has to contain either covertly false statements designed to "sound right" or openly false statements designed to incite inflamed response. "The Rules" contain both.

Of course, it goes without saying that none of these "rules" has even a slightest degree of acceptance in cycling community. It is a running joke, no more no less.

Who created them?
Teenagers. Internet trolls. Whoever plays that chain letter game.

Is there one central document that has been passed down or is it reinvented on an annual basis by committee?
The idea of chain letter game is to create a letter that will circulate as is, of course. But it is not unusual for a popular chain letter to pick up additional details as it circulates.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.