Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one bike and I like it. It does what I need it to do and I barely have time to ride it. If I bought another one, would my first bike be jealous? Would I never go riding again because I wouldn't know which one to take out? Would I need new cycling clothes for riding the new bike? Would my wife ever speak to me again?

My riding buddies all have multiple bikes and they don't seem to have these questions. Is there something wrong with me? Should I seek professional help? Should I just buy a new bike and then deal with the ensuing trauma?

I need help and I need it now. Perhaps a seat adjustment would help?

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Your saddle IS too low. And probably not level either.

The only trauma involved with the acquisition of another bike is imaginary. Ignore it. Always remember the (n+1) equation. ALWAYS.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Rider5200 said:
I have one bike and I like it. It does what I need it to do and I barely have time to ride it. If I bought another one, would my first bike be jealous? Would I never go riding again because I wouldn't know which one to take out? Would I need new cycling clothes for riding the new bike? Would my wife ever speak to me again?

My riding buddies all have multiple bikes and they don't seem to have these questions. Is there something wrong with me? Should I seek professional help? Should I just buy a new bike and then deal with the ensuing trauma?

I need help and I need it now. Perhaps a seat adjustment would help?
I don't want a new bike either. Or new components. I gave my dad my 2nd road bike so now I just have the one (though I do have an army of cruisers, cruiser tandems, a 29er and a double boinger MTB). Works fine for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts