Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
235413th time. This time I did it on my bike.
I was coming to a red left turn arrow at a big intersection which was on a slight incline.
I unclipped my left foot as always and slowed down. I had underestimated the uphill so I needed a half a turn on the pedal to pull up to the line. As I pedaled the left foot clipped in again and I had came to a 0.000001 mph and tried to put the foot down and I couldn't so I panic'd and jerked the whole body violently to unclip the left foot. The foot came off barely in time and I didn't fall but in the process the rear wheel lifted off the ground and I could imagine how funny I must have looked.....:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
Someone in one of the cars on the right side of me was explaining to a passanger what had happened and he knew exactly why I did what I did..... I was very thankful. :thumbsup: But I was too embarrassed to turn and make an eye contact...:blush2:

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
Worst accidents happen in the parking lot. That is a phrase me and my friends say all the time. It is never when you are bombing down a hill it is when you roll up to the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's really not all that bad. Falling down would have been worse :)

I was staring at a chick last week across the road and didn't notice I was drifting towards the sidewalk. Next thing I know I slam into the sidewalk, the bike hops it (somehow) and I go flying headfirst into the grass. Most embarrassing :) Women are trouble

·
Registered
89 Posts
dude... you have to tuck 'n roll. just like a squirrel that fell off a powerline... "What fall? I didn't fall over! Prove it!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.