Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having had heart ache for weeks after having to sell my 2007 Orbea Orca 5 weeks ago
--> going over to a Colnago C50 to comfort myself
--> noticing that I am lying to myself
--> falling into a vicious cycle and having 10 minute encounters with
i) a new Cannondale SuperSix,
ii) 2008 Kuota Kom with SRAM Red and Mavic R-Sys
iii) 2008 Orbea Orca (When it's not in black & white, it just feels wrong)
iiii.) 2008 Kuota Kebel

... after having satisfied my curiosity and tried a little of everything, an enchanting phosphorous orange light caught my attention in the corner of the store. It was the store owners recommendation for me after having second thoughts with the C50. He said we would be a good couple... that the phosphorous orange creature would treat my back, my legs, and my love for going uphill, with utmost respect and co-operation.

He let me take her home and try her out to be certain of my choice.

I just came back from a 30km up-and-down-and-straight-and-curves on rough surface, smooth surface and it became clear to me. I had all too long be sceptical towards her sloping curves and her nude carbon paint...

I knew that I had fallen in love again. It was the same feeling as when I first laid my eyes on the new Orca, but this time it was the personality... her ability to climb one gear higher than the C50, her sharp cornering like the Orca, her soft vertical subtleness...

Her name is Colnago Extreme-C, 52cm sloping geometry, with full Record grouppo, ITM K-Sword handlebar/stem combination, Campa Proton wheels and a Arione to sooth my buttocks...

Love is in the air, and I can commit again.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Very nice!! That's what I am praying the wife get me next year for my 40th B-day!

·
Registered
8 Posts
brujenn said:
To bad this is a scam... I'm sure it is, I tried to buy it, but the seller is out of the country and wants to do some wacky stuff to have it shipped to me.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/698434467.html
I ran into the same scam on EBay. Win the auction, seller suddenly has to leave the country, seller wants payment (cash) wired to some offshore address before shiping. Seller offers tracking number pretending bicycle has been shipped in order to get cash payment. EBay said it is a common scam and recommends avoiding any non-standard payment schemes.

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
You can get married at 14 or 15 years of age in some states with your parents' permission. However, I do think he is in his 20's, and maybe even in his early 30's.

Sacke,

That is definitely a nice bike. I saw it in the Colnago picture post thread, but refrained from commenting. I have a Cristallo in the same paint scheme. My next frame is a C50 in ST01. I'll probably never get an Extreme-C because I would never race it (i.e., it costs too much to wreck) and the only reason for having a light bike in my circumstance is to race it. Instead, I built a Bianchi FG Lite, a cheaper aluminum frame, as my climbing machine for racing so that I won't cry too much if it gets wrecked.

Are you planning on racing this bike? I guess if the climbs are long enough where you are, they will spit the group pretty well so that you don't have to worry too much about a wreck. Where I'm at, there are very few races that include small ring climbs in them, and even then, they aren't very long.

Enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My age

kdub said:
I like to know too :D
I had a good laugh with my wife when I read the comments... I know I look young but 12!!!???

Anyways, I am 27 years old. But it's not the first time I get comments. Before moving to France a few weeks ago, I worked as a PR consultant and especially when meeting clients in other countries than Finland, the look on middle aged manager's faces when I walked into the room said it all... "That little kid is who I have been negotiating with?" :)

Well, back to the topic. I do intend to race at some point, but the reason for buying the bike is more about just the right "feel". And since my legs are not made for winning races (yet), I might just aswell have the tools ready for when I do. :)
I sold the Orca because I thought I would give up road biking. However, when I came down here and heard about big group rides 4 times per week, with average speeds of up to 38-40 km/h (for the ones that have the legs to keep up), but more modest speeds for people like me, I decided to trade in my Specialized Epic and get a roadbike. --> The C50 --> The Extreme C.

·
Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
That wedding band indicates he's cheating on someone.....

Better hope Mrs. Sacke can share your affections with this hussy.

BTW, nicely written.

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
And the questions have been answered. Have fun with the bike. I fell in love with my Cristallo frame when I took it out of the box. Wouldn't expect anything less in your situation with the bike already built up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.