Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had SOMETHING digging in my plants on the stone wall next to my deck. For the life of me, I could NOT figure out what was digging up my cactus.

Well I figured it out today.....He is welcome to live there for the rest of the summer.....ugly little spud..... at least he eats bugs!

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
Turn some clay pots upside down with a crack at the bottom and give him someplace to go other than that cactus plant. Cool pic.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, he picked the spot...he can have it. no one is going to mess with him in his armored fortress...that's one smart toad!

Before the chance of a freeze i will get him out of there, he may think he is "frost safe" but it ain't so....He is about a foot from the fountain and has an infinite supply of skeeters to eat

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
Excellent.

We had a guy dug into the floor of our temp "shed"--one of those tarp-covered dohickies...

In related news I have seen at least three snapping turtles in a new deadfall sticking into the pond. Can't for the life of me get close enough for a good look, let alone a pic...

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a million toads....but never saw a frog all summer (in my little pond)

·
Non non normal
10,094 Posts
We have a lot of toads on our back patio. My German Shorthaired Pointer is hard on them. He usually doesn't kill them but keeps pawing and rolling them around.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Hello Mr Frog!

I had one of those mystery holes in the front yard...finally saw Mr Toad stick his head out one morning. Had another that lived in the base of one of those self watering pots. I discovered him when I decided to fill the base with water....have you ever been glared at by a pissed off toad? :D

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
he looks much better than all the road kill ones i saw about a month ago. don't know what the deal was, but they were splattered everywhere.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
that aint the one getting bit by a mosquito, is it?
i hera ya, tom. lots of frog stomps on the shoulders a few weeks back

we have some frogs in our yard, including in the basement window wells. they eat the skeeters.
they are not hurtin for food.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no this is toad the one being eaten by the skeeter was a tree frog. Bigrider.....your dog ever pick one up in his mouth?.......

Lace doesn't bother them at all, she even goes out of her way not to step on them.

Most years there are "frog explosions" around here, after a big rain, the roads are literally COVERED leopard frogs to the point where driving is horrible because they is absolutely NO way to avoid them, I'm talking hundreds per 100 feet of road....for miles and miles and miles. I never saw that this year at all though

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
we had a leopard frog appear in my sister's bedroom window well one year. (BIG, deep window well -- about 5 feet deep for a full-size double window.) It lived happily there for a few years. One day when it had been dry and my sister had her window open it got into her room and somehow navigated upstairs to the toilet. We added a small water feature to the window well after that!

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
I have a million toads....but never saw a frog all summer (in my little pond)
Wait a minute...you mean after all this time it turns out that Frog and Toad actually are not friends??!?

I'm devastated.

///when I read the thread title I was sure it was going to be a jackalope, considering where you live and all.:wink:

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never said they weren't friends

·
Registered
148 Posts
We can't leave sneakers outside here on Guam, otherwise each shoe will be occupied by a toad by next morning. It sounds cute, until you remove the toad and see that they aren't very nice house guests (not potty trained by any means).

All sorts of creapy crawly wildlife comes out after dark here...good thing we live in a very tightly constructed house!

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Ibashii said:
Wait a minute...you mean after all this time it turns out that Frog and Toad actually are not friends??!?

I'm devastated.

///when I read the thread title I was sure it was going to be a jackalope, considering where you live and all.:wink:
Everyone knows jackalope live out in the western plains, moreon.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
masterofblah said:
We can't leave sneakers outside here on Guam, otherwise each shoe will be occupied by a toad by next morning. It sounds cute, until you remove the toad and see that they aren't very nice house guests (not potty trained by any means).
could be worse if you just jam your foot in and squash them.....talk about messy

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BentChainring said:
Where the hell is the toad???
gee bent....maybe you better get a PC...lol.....burrowed in the pot in the hole...see his eye?

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
gee bent....maybe you better get a PC...lol.....burrowed in the pot in the hole...see his eye?
Do you have to lick the toad first?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dare you......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts