Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T-9 Boeshield. I originally got it for my cross bike (it's waterproof) but since I ran out of Pro-link and didn't get to the lbs for more and I had the T-9 I figured I'd put it on the KG461. Nice! Shifts great, lasts longer (than Pro-link) and stays fairly clean.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree. I had been switching back and forth between ProLink and Boeshield for quite a while and have recently settled on the Boeshield for exactly the same reason. It lasts longer and works better when wet. (in the rain).

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
ok I'll give it a try since that "rock and roll" swill that teh LBS foisted on me last time is worthless. They must've been running some sort of bonus commission deal, is all I can figure.

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
Crack me up

Creakyknees said:
ok I'll give it a try since that "rock and roll" swill that teh LBS foisted on me last time is worthless. They must've been running some sort of bonus commission deal, is all I can figure.
Another "I like XXX lube" and now it's time for those who have had the exact opposite experience to chime in :)

·
.·*°¤`*·.·*´¤°*·.·*°¤`*·.
2,042 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Yep they got me too with that shizz Creax - and the Hammer Gels too which my nutritionist said was a bawnch uh crrrrahp!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Okay, I'll start :)

Kerry Irons said:
Another "I like XXX lube" and now it's time for those who have had the exact opposite experience to chime in :)
T-9 doesn't stay as clean as Pro-link or homebrew, IME. It's heavier, and stickier, and picks up more dirt. Lubes well while it's clean, but the others stay clean longer.

Next!

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
JCavilia said:
T-9 doesn't stay as clean as Pro-link or homebrew, IME. It's heavier, and stickier, and picks up more dirt. Lubes well while it's clean, but the others stay clean longer.

Next!
Either is good but...
I used home brew all last year and this year I'm back to T-9. Since I got my KMC chain with the reusable link it's so easy to take off, clean, lube and then put back on. To me this means I can T-9 the chain off the bike and then wipe it down the next day before putting it back on the bike. Rings and Cogs uses to gunk up more from T-9 than home brew but that's all gone now that I can so easily pop off the chain.

·
Registered
642 Posts
MisterMike said:
Since I got my KMC chain with the reusable link it's so easy to take off, clean, lube and then put back on.
1++

It's not economical, but it works well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
That is rich.

We need a sticky regarding the top 10 most heavily debated topics related to cycling.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree. It IS dirtier, but I've found a quick wipe with a rag soaked in WD40 cleans it up real nice. Next!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have better things to do with my life than applying chain lube after every friggin ride. Just sayin...

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Kram said:
I have better things to do with my life than applying chain lube after every friggin ride. Just sayin...
yeah srsly, think of all the idjucts on the internet who need contradicting!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Xactly. SOMEONE's gotta do it!

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Cool. I have a box of it I haven't even opened.

Haven't thought of this in years until I read "T-9," but six or seven years ago I found a box of 12 4-ounce bottles for five bucks at a garage sale. I'd heard it was good but never tried it, so I bought the whole box. It's still sitting out there under the workbench.
Scuse me, I have to go lube something.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What's the homebrew? 3part Mineral oil/1 part 10w40 mix?v T-9 works well enough for me altough I *LOVE* the quiet absense of noise from a recently applied wet lube. When the tires rolling on the pavement is louder than the drivetrain......BINGO.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.