Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I only have one beer or so, or especially if I have a glass of wine (or two or three...), I get sleepy. I have to drink lots at at time and get a good buzz going or drinking just makes me worthless. Like right now, just had a Guinness. And now I want to take a nap. Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,768 Posts
Same here

I don't drink that often, so only one beer hits me really hard. If I do drink, I save it for the weekend and drink at home.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Gig 'em said:
If I only have one beer or so, or especially if I have a glass of wine (or two or three...), I get sleepy. I have to drink lots at at time and get a good buzz going or drinking just makes me worthless. Like right now, just had a Guinness. And now I want to take a nap. Does this happen to anyone else?
after Jr's mom picked him up yesterday morning (it was about 9:30 am), i had two double jack & cokes. got me pretty sleepy. so i went back to bed and rolled around blissfully with nothing to do until about 4:30 pm.

:) ah, bachelorhood.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Gig 'em said:
Yeah, I get sleepy drunk after 3 or 4. Then it's time to hit the Red Bull, baby!!!! :D

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was said very tongue in cheek, I assure you.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I can knock back 3 or so in the first 45 minutes then I'm good to go. But just one and I don't stand a chance. I crawled into bed a few minutes ago but decided to go to the library. Got there and the bastards were closed. What the hell kind of holiday is today, anyway? Is it Robert E. Lee day or something? :p

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I'm gonna go whiskey, more often than not it's Wild Turkey. And if it ain't straight, it's in sprite or 7up. Yum yum.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
vonteity said:
Yeah, I get sleepy drunk after 3 or 4. Then it's time to hit the Red Bull, baby!!!! :D
you big dirty liar.

you do kegstands after 3 or 4.

and then keep going for the next ten hours.

who do you think you're fooling?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Gig 'em said:
If I can knock back 3 or so in the first 45 minutes then I'm good to go. But just one and I don't stand a chance. I crawled into bed a few minutes ago but decided to go to the library. Got there and the bastards were closed. What the hell kind of holiday is today, anyway? Is it Robert E. Lee day or something? :p
don't disrespect REL young lady.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did not have the privilege, and I am ashamed to say that I have never done a kegstand.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Gig 'em said:
It was said very tongue in cheek, I assure you.
LOL!!! did you see that pic of von doing the kegstand at J's cross races?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Gig 'em said:
I did not have the privilege, and I am ashamed to say that I have never done a kegstand.
i dunno what order they're going to appear in, but here are four pics from that weekend. glad we took pics, i don't remember much of it after all. pic1 and 2: j's and von go to dinner, get lit, and start taking pictures with random people. pic3: von kegstand. pic4: von kegstand. :)

i throw the best 'cross races!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Von's glasses remind me, I've got to find my blue leopard sunglasses........

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:
Von's glasses remind me, I've got to find my blue leopard sunglasses........
that weekend, von would be all serious and crabby until i got her lit up like an xmas tree and then she'd be all kegstandy and happy and like that. it's ALWAYS my job, as a good host, to keep my visitors lit up and happy. so these glasses were in my car from some party my kiddo attended. she adopted them, and a mcdonald's happy meal monster toy, and made them her own. sadly she left without either. the happy meal toy was completely immersed in killian's from the keg. several times. and photographed.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
dr hoo said:
I suggest Irish coffee.
Ewwww... I don't like coffee, irish or otherwise.

However, I was desperate today at training and came up with a most drinkable concoction. 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup of milk, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 packet instant hot cocoa mix. Stir, drink and enjoy (the buzz).

Kept me awake from 3:30 to 5pm when I was nodding off something fierce.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Gig 'em said:
Man I didn't know grown people did that kind of stuff. Great pictures.
"grown people"?

um, no.

chronological sh*t got nothing to do with having a fun time!

"grown people".

LOL!

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
you big dirty liar.

you do kegstands after 3 or 4.

and then keep going for the next ten hours.

who do you think you're fooling?
That was a special occasion. Usually, I just get sleepy drunk. Honest!

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man I didn't know grown people did that kind of stuff. Great pictures.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
vonteity said:
That was a special occasion. Usually, I just get sleepy drunk. Honest!
don't be foolish. luke, i am your father.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts