Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, actually, several.

My wife bought me 5 cycling DVD sets, a few classics (Stars & Watercarriers, The Greatest Show On Earth) and some recent Tours de France. All that and a new DVD player to hook up to the TV in front of my trainer in the basement. I have already been through Stars and The Impossible Hour. Great films. I always wanted to see them. In his day, Merckx was awesome.

All totaled, I have 18 hours of cycling on DVD. That should get me through the winter on the trainer with only a few repeats. Maybe 44 will not be such a bad year!

Short of buying diamonds, I cannot think of an equivalent gift for her birthday next month.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Stars & Watercarriers

I have to agree with you. I have quite a few cycling videos. My collection includes many of Greg Lemond's CBS broadcast Tour victories as well as Coors Classic and Paris Roubaix performances. I also have most of Lance Armstrong's Tour DVDs as well as a Sunday in Hell, The Greatest Show on Earth and Le Course en Tet. While I love all of these videos, my favorite is unquestionably Stars & Watercarriers. The film gives great insight into the pro peloton of the 70s and Eddy Merckx's performance is absolutely awe inspiring.

As for getting you through the winter on your trainer with few repeats - I doubt it. Just an hour a day and you'll blow through them in no time! Enjoy your videos!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts