Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a new man. I don't know why I've never gotten one before. It was amazing. And my insurance pays for it. Nice.

I'm going to take a nap now.

joe

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
What kind of insurance do you have? Was it "prescribed" by a doc? or you just go?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I'm sure I'm in the minority....but the thought of a total stranger touching me makes my skin crawl....that would be the most un-relaxing thing I could imagine.

Len

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
All C0d3

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
dammit, joeh

the first rule of man massage club is you don't talk about man massage club!!!! :mad2:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Len J said:
I'm sure I'm in the minority....but the thought of a total stranger touching me makes my skin crawl....that would be the most un-relaxing thing I could imagine.

Len

That's w how I thought about it, and that's why I'd never done it before.

I was kind of freaked out for about 5 seconds. After that I didn't give a damn about anything. It was friggin amazing.

joe

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
ampastoral said:
dammit, joeh

the first rule of man massage club is you don't talk about man massage club!!!! :mad2:
Maybe Joe is just, uhh... more secure in his sexuality than some others might be. Nothing embarrassing about admitting to enjoying your muscles being kneaded for an hour by a total stranger. :blush2:

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
hey man, i'm with ya....if someone wants to work the knots outta my muscles (not c0d3), i'm all for it....so long as the person is professional about it...well, mostly professional. a little flirtation never hurt anyone's ego (and i don't care who's providing the minor flirtations) :wink5:

//btw, my previous poast was completely facetious :wink:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BentChainring said:
What kind of insurance do you have? Was it "prescribed" by a doc? or you just go?

It's a chiropractor's office, I think. They do all kinds of stuff. Massages, chiropractic work, whatever it's called when they stick you with needles.

I went there a few weeks ago for my wrist and they did some massage stuff to it, then the Dr. did an ultrasound on it... it felt better than it ever has in the past 6 or so years since it's been bothering me. I assumed that's what was goign to happen this time, but they gave me the full once over.

Put me on dome bet that had these rollers go up and down my back. It felt pretty good. Then they put me on this water bed thing that shot hot jets of water all up and down my back. That felt fantastic.

Then they put me in a dark room with candles and music and told me to take off my shirt and get on the table, then left the room. The girl came back and gave me a massage. It was amazing.

Then the chiropractor stretched out my legs, and that was amazing. Then they ultrasounded my wrist, and that was amazing.

It was amazing.

joe

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
so.......was it good? did you enjoy it? I m not sure your being clear enough Joe.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
deastin said:
so.......was it good? did you enjoy it? I m not sure your being clear enough Joe.

It was fcuking amazing.

joe

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
My insurance also pays for visits to the back witch doctors. All I gotta do is fork out my $20 co pay. Maybe I should find one that does these "massages" u seem to think are so amazing

not joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
deastin said:
My insurance also pays for visits to the back witch doctors. All I gotta do is fork out my $20 co pay. Maybe I should find one that does these "massages" u seem to think are so amazing

not joe

They're awesome. And this place waives the co-pay. Awesome.

joe

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
I love massages, however, the thought of a dude rubbing my nude body is a bit odd...therefore, I always request a female therapist. The Seinfeld episode featuring Costanza's famous "I think 'it' moved while he was rubbing me" line always comes to mind.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I had to go to physical therapy for a while after my back surgery, and it was 75% massage work. I would do my exercises, and then get ultrasound treatment where I had muscle spasms, followed by breathing therapy (cause all the spazms I had were around my ribs), and then electric shock. I usually fell asleep during the shock therapy.

// I feel like shock therapy could be the source of a lot of my issues.

edit- the parts that didn't make me want to cry from pain were amazing.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
real stonie said:
I love massages, however, the thought of a dude rubbing my nude body is a bit odd...therefore, I always request a female therapist. The Seinfeld episode featuring Costanza's famous "I think 'it' moved while he was rubbing me" line always comes to mind.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I had a chica in Mexico give me a massage once. It was straight up deep tissue massage, no happy endings. She kicked the shat outa me. I was sore for 3+ days. Don't know if it was the combo of sun burn booze and massage, but lord knows I was in a lot of pain. I had to get muscle relaxers for a massage?? Will never get a deep tissue massage ever again...

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
That's a deep tissue massage, I've had a few. I usually take a bath in epsom salts after one of those, it helps lessen the pain.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
massage rocks. amazing how many people have issues with being touched...

personally, the deep tissue stuff is great. get in there and rip the wiring out and redo it...

looking into getting Rolfed...hear that goes to 10.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts