Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after waiting far too long, i decided to take my old '88 bridgestone off the trainer and strip her down. after riding around the block and then doing the 3 mile donut duty this morning, i can say i truly love being fixed.

the 42x20 that i have on there is way too easy. i had a 53 ring, but to line up it needs to be on the inside of the crankarms , and i think it is too close to the chainstay. guess i'll knock down the rear cog next chance i get.

lots of cheap parts on there. cheap carbon fork. cheap handelbars. original brake lever. sora front brake. cheap nashbar 175 cranks (yes, 175). cheap chainring. dura ace cog and lockring. sram chain. front wheel is a deore/mavic cxp33. rear is built up by ben's bikes. i have the front that matches and will put that on in the near future.

and yes, i do remove the box wrench before flight.

·
Registered
727 Posts
weltyed said:
after waiting far too long, i decided to take my old '88 bridgestone off the trainer and strip her down. after riding around the block and then doing the 3 mile donut duty this morning, i can say i truly love being fixed.

the 42x20 that i have on there is way too easy. i had a 53 ring, but to line up it needs to be on the inside of the crankarms , and i think it is too close to the chainstay. guess i'll knock down the rear cog next chance i get.

lots of cheap parts on there. cheap carbon fork. cheap handelbars. original brake lever. sora front brake. cheap nashbar 175 cranks (yes, 175). cheap chainring. dura ace cog and lockring. sram chain. front wheel is a deore/mavic cxp33. rear is built up by ben's bikes. i have the front that matches and will put that on in the near future.

and yes, i do remove the box wrench before flight.
as my ex paris hilton would say, "that's hot!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts