Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little truck, 3 tonne beer truck.

Not something I'd like to have happen again.

It all happened from behind. Turns out he didn't see me until he hit me. Lucky it was Peak Hour and I was moving about as fast as the traffic so he was only going slightly fast than I was. Still getting smashed in the backside by a truck scares the 6 kinds of Sunday School out of you. Lucky for me the Cops saw it all happen.

Broken - Helmet, rear wheel, saddle, post, pump and watchband. No bones, only a little skin and a pretty solid bang on the head (which has been scanned and was fine).

BE CAREFUL ON YOUR COMMUTE!

· aka Zoo
763 Posts
Good thing you were wearing a helmet!! Glad to hear you're okay overall and a cop was for once where you needed him to be.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Except that the Cop said "you should have been on the road to start with" to me.

· Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Schrödinger's_Fridge said:
Except that the Cop said "you should have been on the road to start with" to me.
I'm assuming you meant the cop said "You shouldn't have been on the road..."? Niiiice:rolleyes:

Glad you're okay. Did the driver offer you a beer? Take it to court. Sue for free beer for life.:thumbsup:

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Schrödinger's_Fridge said:
Just a little truck, 3 tonne beer truck.

Not something I'd like to have happen again.

It all happened from behind. Turns out he didn't see me until he hit me. Lucky it was Peak Hour and I was moving about as fast as the traffic so he was only going slightly fast than I was. Still getting smashed in the backside by a truck scares the 6 kinds of Sunday School out of you. Lucky for me the Cops saw it all happen.

Broken - Helmet, rear wheel, saddle, post, pump and watchband. No bones, only a little skin and a pretty solid bang on the head (which has been scanned and was fine).

BE CAREFUL ON YOUR COMMUTE!
Been there and done that, but in my case the rearview mirror of a flatbed tow truck hit me and broke my scapula in the process...not fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.