Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in love, the nurse who gave me the vaccine told me that she put 2 microchips in it AND I would grow a tail, when I quizzed her, she assured me that it would be prehensile!!! "Nothing but the best for you!"

Now this gal does not know me or know that I have wishing that I had a tail since I was a little kid, I mean I used to have a tail before I was born. But no, I wasn't allowed to keep it. I tease my grand daughter about growing a tail all the time.

She was irreverent enough to be one of my kids or grandkids! (and in between in age)

I asked her why 2, so they can track me coming and going? She nodded yes. This gal was so funny and somehow she KNEW that I was going to play along! This is the shirt I was wearing.....Day of the Dead....celebrate LIFE

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,339 Posts
I'm in group 1b, and can't even make an appointment for this month, or next.....I'm not driving 30 miles to get a shot.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I get my 2nd shot thursday. From the reports it is going to kick my assos. I have a high reactive immune system, anyway that's what the neurologist said. In the waiting room for my first one, they had a big screen tv on, with bartenders in underwear, I thought that was wierd enough.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I am scheduled to get my first shot Tuesday. Hoping the Johnson & Johnson vaccive gets approved soon so we can get this thing over with

·
Super Moderator
19,470 Posts
I am in love, the nurse who gave me the vaccine told me that she put 2 microchips in it AND I would grow a tail, when I quizzed her, she assured me that it would be prehensile!!! "Nothing but the best for you!"

Now this gal does not know me or know that I have wishing that I had a tail since I was a little kid, I mean I used to have a tail before I was born. But no, I wasn't allowed to keep it. I tease my grand daughter about growing a tail all the time.

She was irreverent enough to be one of my kids or grandkids! (and in between in age)

I asked her why 2, so they can track me coming and going? She nodded yes. This gal was so funny and somehow she KNEW that I was going to play along! This is the shirt I was wearing.....Day of the Dead....celebrate LIFE
Thank goodness you got your shot. I'm in group xyz. I'm gonna be last in line. 😕

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
You mean you've got the shot. When I saw the title, I thought you went for a ride and became a victim of drive by shooting. :oops:
Reminded me of BB gun wars when I was a kid. Amazing none of us shot an eye out!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Got my shot tonight. In my state the County runs the vaccinations, so they have a "Mega-Site" for the county in a vacant department store. Really impressive operation, set up to handle a lot of people (2500 a day given enough vaccine). The National guard handled all the administrative stuff. In and out in 30 minutes

·
Boobies!
8,162 Posts
Right behind you brother. My lovely wife took an elderly friend to a recently opened local site (community center) for vaccinations--and they were taking some walk-ins as they scaled up the operation. So I got done on Saturday--they called me almost immediately because I'm close by. (I had previously booked on the NYState system for early March.)

I also had a lovely nurse who had driven 3 1/2 hrs from upstate NY to vaccinate.

That thing packs a bit of a wallop. Sore arm, slight stomach upset/loss of appetite--but I didn't get the near-flu-like symptoms or the headaches that others have reported.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Right behind you brother. My lovely wife took an elderly friend to a recently opened local site (community center) for vaccinations--and they were taking some walk-ins as they scaled up the operation. So I got done on Saturday--they called me almost immediately because I'm close by. (I had previously booked on the NYState system for early March.)

I also had a lovely nurse who had driven 3 1/2 hrs from upstate NY to vaccinate.

That thing packs a bit of a wallop. Sore arm, slight stomach upset/loss of appetite--but I didn't get the near-flu-like symptoms or the headaches that others have reported.
From what I read, its the second dose that cause the more severe side-effects.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,759 Posts
I’m fully dosed sore arm and mild headaches each time, about the same each time.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I’m fully dosed sore arm and mild headaches each time, about the same each time.
Good to know. Other than some injecrion site pain, a bit worse than a flu shot, I had no side effects. Hoping the 2nd shop is the same. I got the Pfizer version

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,870 Posts
The second shot made me sick for 2 days. Still better than dying.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The second shot made me sick for 2 days. Still better than dying.
Got my 2nd shot 3 weeks ago (Moderna). Injection site was sore like the 1st time. Felt achy and tired the next day, like mild flu. All better by the 3rd day. All worth it.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my 2nd shot 3 weeks ago (Moderna). Injection site was sore like the 1st time. Felt achy and tired the next day, like mild flu. All better by the 3rd day. All worth it.
HEY..... how the hell are you? It has been AGES since I saw you pop up here! I get my 2nd shot on Thursday, I was so relieved to be on the list. We have been painting in the house so I am sore and achy all over already. As for tired, sounds good to me as long as I can sleep. I haven't been sleeping well for years now, 10:30 to 4:30 or 5:00 hardly seems like enough. Anyhow, GREAT to see you around here, stop back once in a while!

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,837 Posts
HEY..... how the hell are you? It has been AGES since I saw you pop up here! I get my 2nd shot on Thursday, I was so relieved to be on the list. We have been painting in the house so I am sore and achy all over already. As for tired, sounds good to me as long as I can sleep. I haven't been sleeping well for years now, 10:30 to 4:30 or 5:00 hardly seems like enough. Anyhow, GREAT to see you around here, stop back once in a while!

·
Proud luddite
7,180 Posts
My employer is giving us two days of sick leave if we have an adverse reaction to either dose. I was fine after the first dose but I might take those days after the second dose. I hear bike therapy is quite effective in counteracting the vaccine reaction 🙂

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
My reaction was you feel kinda weak and woosy for 20 min, then I'll feel fine and ready to go again. Seems to be related to the cov19 shot and a few of the hills around here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts