Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
MB1 said:
I swung by the Tidal Basin on my way to work this morning.

Here you are.

Bah, humbug!

MB1 - Maxim Photographer !!!!

"could somebody please send in the attractive women, I'm so tired of all these girls"
"now we'll try it with the oversize sweater and poofy pants"
"they really should install a changing room on this set"
"I hate this job"
"for the last time Mr. Hickey, go home!!!!!!!"​

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mynamesrob said:
Such negativity for such beautiful scenery!

What time were you there? I want to avoid the crowds in the worst way!

-Rob
I think your window of opportunity has passed. The Cherry Blossom Festival starts tomorrow and even on a weekday sunrise the place is going to be jumping-it was pretty crowded this morning with photographers but there were only a few other folks until the busses started unloading at 7:30. From now on the busses will be unloading before sunrise.

Hope for bad weather.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mynamesrob said:
Perfect...

How long will they be in bloom for? And, where can I park and ride from?

-Rob
What am I, the Shell answer man?

I'd say park in Virginia out by National Airport, take the Mount Vernon Trail and cross the 14th Street Bridge which lets you out right in the center of the madness.

BTW the official Cherry Blossom site says they are expected to peak from April 3-5 and bloom until the 12th.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Let me know when you'll be out

MB1 said:
I think your window of opportunity has passed. The Cherry Blossom Festival starts tomorrow and even on a weekday sunrise the place is going to be jumping-it was pretty crowded this morning with photographers but there were only a few other folks until the busses started unloading at 7:30. From now on the busses will be unloading before sunrise.

Hope for bad weather.
I'll stop by in my big black Anderson bus and blow stinky diesel fumes all over ya!!
Actually those trips don't fit my schedule so I never do them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.