Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so unclefuzzy posted up a thread about singular cycle frame sales. i was a fool and wandered over there to check them out. i started looking at the 29er and thought about pullin the trigger. but i couldnt. the only 29er wheels i have are on my AL cross bike, and that thing gets ridden more than the other bikes i have. i started to wonder if it would be okay to drop the coin and build it up as a drop-bar, kinda like the fargo.i would need to strip down my current frame and build it up oer the winter.

then i started to see the interbike stuff come out.

and the frames in the cross forum.

then i snuck over to waterford and drooled over their fastlane. if i replace the current cross bike, i really want discs. i also like steel. i miss my steel rockhopper at my parents place...

i also thought about building up the singular with the parts from my 26er, but with 29er wheels. that would be a flatbar mtb.

then i thought about a canoe for me and The Family, but dont have a place to store it now.

am i just out to spend some cash? what is wrong with me.

im gonna check that fastlane again...

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
frame itch indeed....

try a topical anti-microbial or anti fungal ointment

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
weltyed said:
so unclefuzzy posted up a thread about singular cycle frame sales. i was a fool and wandered over there to check them out. i started looking at the 29er and thought about pullin the trigger. but i couldnt. the only 29er wheels i have are on my AL cross bike, and that thing gets ridden more than the other bikes i have. i started to wonder if it would be okay to drop the coin and build it up as a drop-bar, kinda like the fargo.i would need to strip down my current frame and build it up oer the winter.

then i started to see the interbike stuff come out.

and the frames in the cross forum.

then i snuck over to waterford and drooled over their fastlane. if i replace the current cross bike, i really want discs. i also like steel. i miss my steel rockhopper at my parents place...

i also thought about building up the singular with the parts from my 26er, but with 29er wheels. that would be a flatbar mtb.

then i thought about a canoe for me and The Family, but dont have a place to store it now.

am i just out to spend some cash? what is wrong with me.

im gonna check that fastlane again...
Ditto. I'm out of projects. That's a dangerous place for me to be.

I should probably pour my time into learning how to tile so I can fix my bathroom, but a bike sounds like more fun... Sell off the merckx, use that cash to fund my next build, drool drool drool...

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
my entire reason to graduate is so i can justify my tuition fund going towards a new bike instead.

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
Hickey's Twin Six thread has given me the same problem.

Somewhat solved because it is not available until Spring.

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
terry b said:
Could there possibly be a more honorable motivation?
I had a witty retort but the server was too busy for me to post it before I forgot.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Go ahead, scratch the itch! It will just become more inflamed and lead to more expensive visits to other sites for accessories. Make sure to wash your hands frequently also as it is easily transmitted to your friends by the simple shake of a hand!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Sylint said:
my entire reason for my son to graduate is so i can justify
<S><S style="text-line-through: double">my </S></S>his tuition fund going towards a new bike instead.
Modified for my own use.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im already thinking about some rival... afterall, im running taigra/deore right now...

rward325 said:
Go ahead, scratch the itch! It will just become more inflamed and lead to more expensive visits to other sites for accessories. Make sure to wash your hands frequently also as it is easily transmitted to your friends by the simple shake of a hand!

·
Still On Steel
2,391 Posts
I used to suffer from embarrassing frame itch, but I put those days behind me after asking my doctor if Preparation 853 was right for me.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Ritchey's wet white components look really good on a new frame.

Just sayin'

1 - 20 of 38 Posts