Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a minimum bid in on a Lynskey 240 frame, not thinking that there was any chance of winning. I just got an Ebay alert that I won. This is the same way I ended up with a Torelli and a Coppi. I have a few days to come up with a apology to my wife and then start planning out the build. This will be my first Ti bike

·
Registered
396 Posts
Was this through the LynskeyPerformance seller? I happened to be browsing for titanium frames yesterday and came across quite a few of those, most with no bids and some with 1 or 2. I was actually curious how much they usually end up. Glad to know you weren't outbidded. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The Lynskey 240 looks like a great frame to me. Made in the USA and with a threaded bottom bracket. They sell them on Nashbar for $2K with fork and I suppose 25% off that if you wait for the sale. I think it seems to be a good value and a great frame. I hope you enjoy your new bike.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who "accidently" bought frames on ebay...
"That frame is worth much more, someone else will bid on it".
And then I ended up with a nice carbon frame for 1/10th of the MSRP.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was this through the LynskeyPerformance seller? I happened to be browsing for titanium frames yesterday and came across quite a few of those, most with no bids and some with 1 or 2. I was actually curious how much they usually end up. Glad to know you weren't outbidded. Congrats!
The minimum bid was $700. That's what it went for.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's black Friday in July! Nice steal and post picks when you start building it.
There's quite a few others on eBay if you're interested. I am holding off as I still have a backlog to work through before I can get another bike :(.

If they are still around in December... happy Birthday to me...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts