Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cryin:
She was 17-and-a-half. The circumstances were grievous. I loved her, dearly.
I picked her up at a mall pet store, of all places. I can still remember her as that little, multi-colored puff ball. I never, ever thought that I would feel THIS way about losing a pet. She really did become part of me. She went through nearly all of my adult life with me.

My cat was instantly friendly and not shy about gaming people for food. She was an amazing huntress, bringing 'presents' to the front door. Once, she pulled a live, full grown rabbit through an open window in my home. She was the best nap partner evar!! She may not have always started a nap with me, but she was always there when I woke up.

Anyway, I loved my cat.

·
Meow!
1,449 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that. I put a cat down this week, too. It was far harder than I imagined it would be.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

She looks like our old cat Oingo. Oingo was good hunter also. She would catch spiders and chase flys around the house until she caught them. We had to put her down a couple years ago.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Sorry to hear it man. Pets are a big part of our family. I feel for ya.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Sorry for the loss. Pets really do become so much a part of our lives that they become family.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Sorry, dude :(

joe

·
Alien Musician
4,537 Posts
Sorry to hear it. I know how you feel.

I had a cat, ironically 18 years ago when she passed away who ended up
living until she was 18. She had failing kidneys (lots of older cats suffer from
chronic renal failure).

It was so hard to put her down and I miss her a lot, I grew up with that cat - she
followed me home from a Boy Scout meeting when I was in the 7th grade.

She went thru Jr and Sr. high with me and all thru College and then into adulthood.
When she died it was like a little of me died too.

Later, I friended another cat in 1991 and he's still with me, he's about 18 now and
I fear for his longevity since he's also having renal problems, poor kitty.

We have my moms old cat who is 16 (my mom passed in 1998 so we promised
we'd take care of her kitty) and she's been diabetic.

It's hard to lose a furry friend but consider adopting another when the time is right
because kitties need homes.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I dread the time when either one of our cats hits that point.

·
pretty-n-pink
335 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know what you're going through. I had to put down my beloved little companion last May. The hardest part will be coming home to an anticipated greeting, but there's none. Eventually, you'll remember all the fun things only and the grief disappears.

Good luck. It's one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do.

Ness

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Just a little advice. Don't wait too long to get another friend. No one will ever replace what you lost but each of them bring their own special personalities to the table. My wife and I have three cats now, each one so different but each so lovable (in their own way and of course on their time). Plus you sound like a great owner that give another little fur ball a great home.

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
that really sucks. :( i'm really sorry to hear.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Ever see the movie "what dreams may come?" The story does a great job of showing pets in the afterlife. If we're lucky, maybe that's how it all works out.

Godspeed kitty!

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
sorry man. we lost ours a year ago December. she wasn't the most lovable kitty in the world but always seemed to jump in your lap at just the right time. I sure miss the old gal.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
I feel for you. Our cat is not doing so well these days, and though she is pretty dumb, noisy and a general pain in the butt, I will be really really sorry when she has to go to the great litterbox in the sky.

Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Oh I know how awful it is. I'm so sorry. D*mn it hurts. Lost both my kitties last year that I'd had for most of my adult life.

It's going to be a bad couple of weeks, or however long it takes. But it will get better, I promise.

Thanks for so eloquently sharing your story. I think even I miss your cat too. :(

·
Registered
982 Posts
You have my sympathies. They do grow on you. I can't believe how much your bundle of fur looks like mine. If she was anything like mine is, you had 17 great years. Hang in there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts