Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I know how hard it is to find a trust worthy retailer online, that's local here in the states... so I had to write about my great experience with VeloMine . com

about a year ago i stumbled onto the VeloMine . com's website, i was shopping for a new group-set... well, long story short and one complete bike build later, these guys are the real deal. Ben Cole is a stand up guy and takes care of you every step of the way. He goes far and above...

for example, when i bought my 2011 Super Record '11 group set from Ben, I brought it to the LBS to have it installed, the LBS broke the left thumb shift lever during the install. Ben, without any questions ships me out a new unit before i even get a chance to send the broken one back !

Another example is just recently, my Easton EC90 SL clinchers melted on me, literally. The rear wheel, during braking down a very steep descent melted and the carbon fiber started unraveling. Needless to say the rear wheel is trashed. Of course Ben being Ben ask me, " what wheels do you want in exchange ?" So i just received my Campy Shamal's, TWO days later !!!!!

I've never written a thread about a retailer, but sheeeit... these guys really know how to do it.

Ben Cole @ VeloMine. com... Five Stars !!!!!

Thanks,
LinoD.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. Ben sent me shamals and i sent him back the garbage Eastons....Ben is taking care of the Easton warranty on his own.

Did VeloMine swap your melted Eastons with Campag Shamals? Is it considered warranty refund? That's well beyond good service.

I love my Shamals, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hey all,

I know how hard it is to find a trust worthy retailer online, that's local here in the states... so I had to write about my great experience with VeloMine . com

about a year ago i stumbled onto the VeloMine . com's website, i was shopping for a new group-set... well, long story short and one complete bike build later, these guys are the real deal. Ben Cole is a stand up guy and takes care of you every step of the way. He goes far and above...

for example, when i bought my 2011 Super Record '11 group set from Ben, I brought it to the LBS to have it installed, the LBS broke the left thumb shift lever during the install. Ben, without any questions ships me out a new unit before i even get a chance to send the broken one back !

Another example is just recently, my Easton EC90 SL clinchers melted on me, literally. The rear wheel, during braking down a very steep descent melted and the carbon fiber started unraveling. Needless to say the rear wheel is trashed. Of course Ben being Ben ask me, " what wheels do you want in exchange ?" So i just received my Campy Shamal's, TWO days later !!!!!

I've never written a thread about a retailer, but sheeeit... these guys really know how to do it.

Ben Cole @ VeloMine. com... Five Stars !!!!!

Thanks,
LinoD.
Thats great

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also have to give Ben at Velomine a major thumbs up. I've purchased many things from them and they have always been great. I think I found them originally on ebay and have since bought a TACX Fortius, Garmin 800, and tons of small items outside of ebay directly through Ben. He made me a great deal on a set of Zipp 303's but I just don't have the funds right now. Great guy, great customer service

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yup though I'm not local to him and I don't have any wild tales I can say he was straight forward and quick when I picked up my Sram tour LTE groupset. It would seem to me he's pretty consistent given how many are showing up to 2nd your kudos.

·
classiquesklassieker
3,106 Posts
Add me to the list of happy customers of Velomine. Very good communication - he has ridden a lot of the stuff that he sells, so I get actually meaningful feedback on different wheels, parts, etc. I bought a tyre, plus cassette and parts (Campagnolo) for a very good price from him. At the prices he can offer, I might stop considering Europe-based vendors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
VeloMine experience

I'm currently getting the "it's in stock", "we had to order it" run-around from them on a Campy Grouppo. I specifically asked them in advance if everything was in stock (provided all my specs) before ordering, received a response that it was, then nothing for a couple days after the order went though. I e-mailed them and got a quick response that they had to order the front derailleur.

The shady thing is that they already charged my credit card.

They also charged me $22 for FedEx 2-day home delivery, which now will be about 1 week delivery, so I'm going to ask them to refund a portion of that.

I'll post back with the end game soon.:mad2:

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm currently getting the "it's in stock", "we had to order it" run-around from them on a Campy Grouppo. I specifically asked them in advance if everything was in stock (provided all my specs) before ordering, received a response that it was, then nothing for a couple days after the order went though. I e-mailed them and got a quick response that they had to order the front derailleur.

The shady thing is that they already charged my credit card.

They also charged me $22 for FedEx 2-day home delivery, which now will be about 1 week delivery, so I'm going to ask them to refund a portion of that.

I'll post back with the end game soon.:mad2:

Dave
I finally received this order one week after ordering it, and after paying for 2 day FedEx shipping. The rear derailleur had been resealed into a bag, not new in box as described. I ordered a 28.6mm clamp derailleur, which I was later told was out of stock and had to be ordered, hence the delay. What I got, though, was a braze-on derailleur with a separate, bulky non-Campy 28.6 clamp. Since this group is for a custom show bike, I'll have to buy the nicer Campy clamp myself (+$30). Everything else checked out OK. They tossed in two tubes for free because of the delay.

Overall, not a good experience and the shady practice of charging my credit card, then going searching for the parts means I won't be a repeat customer. I asked them to reverse the charge until they group shipped, and they wouldn't. If they don't honor the agreement that they signed with VISA, then who knows what other obligations they wouldn't stand up to?

Dave

·
Registered
717 Posts
Velomine rocks for sure. Have bought from them in the past and they are fair and quick to ship. Highly recommend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts