Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
What about golden beets. Totally not purple.

Also, I like beets. Capers, eh, not so much.

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,111 Posts
what about corgis?

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
I'm so-so about beets but capers are delicious.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
bikeboy389 said:
What about golden beets. Totally not purple.

Also, I like beets. Capers, eh, not so much.
I like Beets. DJ's not so much.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I like martinis. With an olive. Or a slice of cucumber and sweet red pepper.

I like beets, but I never tried them in a martini. Probably make it too pink.

·
Potatoes
1,402 Posts
try it with a homemade burger patty, onion, bacon, tomato, lettuce, real cheese and some fresh buns.

alternatively grill some pineapple.

·
Proud luddite
7,192 Posts
I hate beets too. And I also hate cauliflower. And my wife, knowing this about me, showed me a recipe that she found a couple days ago involving both beets and cauliflower. Whoever came up with that recipe should be drawn and quartered.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
What is wrong with you folks? Beetz are fantastic, capers are salty little balls of love.

Not such a fan of wildebeest though.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
I'll eat your beets and capers. On a recent ride a house had a box in the front yard with a sign "free.: Inside the box were excess goodies from their garden, including beets. SCORE! it did mean I had a 5 mile ride holding a bunch of beets by the neck... They didn't give me any trouble.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
I grew up on Borscht and Kipper snacks with Capers! I love beets and Capers

·
Registered
542 Posts
I never could get fond of beets, they always seem to taste like the dirt they grow in. Pickled beets are tolerable though. I'm not a big fan of Brussells Sprouts either, but I had some the other day that were quite tasty, not at all bitter.
Birddog

·
Good for you!
419 Posts
Capers have their place. If you are just eating them straight out of the jar I think you are doing it wrong.

But sprinkle a few on a nice plate of carpaccio with a drizzle of olive oil and it all comes together. Puttanesca wouldn't be...well, puttanesca without them. They aren't meant to be taken in large doses.

Have you really tried capers as they are intended or are you just pointing to things around the room and saying you hate them?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,888 Posts
azpeterb said:
I hate beets too. And I also hate cauliflower. And my wife, .....................
you best hope she doesn't see this thread.....

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
azpeterb said:
I hate beets too. And I also hate cauliflower. And my wife, knowing this about me, showed me a recipe that she found a couple days ago involving both beets and cauliflower. Whoever came up with that recipe should be drawn and quartered.
Word. Although: a couple weekends ago I ate at a fancy restaurant in Oingt in southern Beaujolais and one of the dishes was a fishy concoction served on a bed of mashed...cauliflower. I'm not a fan of the white vegetable and I thought it was going to be foul, but it was delishus. I want to try and make it but haven't gone recipe hunting yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts