Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people smack you on the ass. Seriously, even if it's just a little sting or doesn't hurt at all, it seems so disrespectful and something about it just irks me. It's a turn off and makes me really angry. I pretty much just ignore anyone who smacks me on the ass, no matter what the intention was. But maybe it's just a weird tick of mine.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Gig 'em said:
people smack you on the ass. Seriously, even if it's just a little sting or doesn't hurt at all, it seems so disrespectful and something about it just irks me. It's a turn off and makes me really angry. I pretty much just ignore anyone who smacks me on the ass, no matter what the intention was. But maybe it's just a weird tick of mine.
I think for me it's because it is infantilizing.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
Gig 'em said:
It feels like a violation of personal space. I seriously wanna turn around and punch someone when they do that to me.
i hate when people feel the need to touch you while talking. like, they put their hand on your shoulder or give you a little punch in the arm. it just makes me feel creepy

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It feels like a violation of personal space. I seriously wanna turn around and punch someone when they do that to me.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,349 Posts
Calm Down

Maybe they were just saying, "Good game."

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Maybe you're sending a signal, because . . .

. . .nobody's smacked me on the ass in about 35 years.
But seriously, that whole touching-feeling-arm around the shoulder-gaze-into-the-eyes thing sets off alarms in my brain. Last time I saw it was when I almost bought a used car. The guy was SO sincere and SO honest and SO sorry he left the title at work but if I'd just give him the check he'd write me a receipt and I could meet him at his office and get it. NFW, pal, let's go get the title first. It turned out to have a big SALVAGE on it.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lemonlime said:
Maybe they were just saying, "Good game."
I know, I know. But I can't control the reaction, very strong and violent reaction. If there was flirting involved before, it's a total, complete turnoff.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are DIRTY, kp. And for the record, I don't like those smacks, either.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like to think it's because I have a cute ass. ;)

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I highly doubt it.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
zeytin said:
I think for me it's because it is infantilizing.
Is it just a coincidence that that rhymes with "tantalizing?"

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Gig 'em said:
Next time somebody does that...pass it on to somebody else...like me!!!!

Just kidding, I never got that either, I have to be pretty familiar with a person to do that, ie maybe my wife, and nobody else I can think of.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Gig 'em said:
In what sort of situation do people do that, I mean you'd have to be either intimate or extremely rude to smack someone on the ass, but maybe that's a cultural thing or whatever. Punch them in the face. They deserve it. :D

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See, that's what I thought! I see it as rude even if you ARE intimate with someone. If I'm intimate with someone and they smack me on the ass, I can tell you they're not getting anything at all for quite a while. It's a total and complete turnoff.

And for someone I'm not intimate with, it's extremely rude. I can't think of any situation outside of football where smacking someone on the ass is considered appropriate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts