Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally trim my own hair. My mom was a cosmetologist for a while, so I know all the tricks and whatnot. And naturally I trust myself more than I trust anyone else, so it makes sense.

Today I decided to give one more hair stylist lady the chance to give me a good haircut. In other words - the haircut I ask her to give me rather than the haircut she thinks I should have. I was in that scraggly inbetween short/long stage, so it was time to let someone else hold the scissors. Needless to say, I did NOT get what I wanted yet again. I told her to take about an inch to an inch and a half off. I was shooting for closer to two inches, but I always tell them less because it always ends up being more. It was more like three and a half inches! More than twice what I asked her to take off. I almost have a freakin' bob now. And she gave me those damn side bangs thingies. She said that would look good when I have my hair up. Well newsflash lady, it's too friggin' short to pull back thanks to you!! :mad:

Never. Again.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,406 Posts
Did you smack her, or did you just smile and give her a tip?

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
I have

paint said:
I normally trim my own hair. My mom was a cosmetologist for a while, so I know all the tricks and whatnot. And naturally I trust myself more than I trust anyone else, so it makes sense.

Today I decided to give one more hair stylist lady the chance to give me a good haircut. In other words - the haircut I ask her to give me rather than the haircut she thinks I should have. I was in that scraggly inbetween short/long stage, so it was time to let someone else hold the scissors. Needless to say, I did NOT get what I wanted yet again. I told her to take about an inch to an inch and a half off. I was shooting for closer to two inches, but I always tell them less because it always ends up being more. It was more like three and a half inches! More than twice what I asked her to take off. I almost have a freakin' bob now. And she gave me those damn side bangs thingies. She said that would look good when I have my hair up. Well newsflash lady, it's too friggin' short to pull back thanks to you!! :mad:

Never. Again.

that problem all the time too.....they just don't listen....:p

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Post A Pic! :p

PS. I'm going to hide for about 10 hours now. ;)

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Oh the joys of cutting one's own hair. Anneli pulls out the razor, I sit down, and in about 5 minutes with the razor set to 4 mm, my hair is cut, really cut. I used to try and style it, but stiff oriental hair is a pain to do anything with. Just shave it all off and let nature take its course. One of these days, paint, you will have a post a pic so we all know what you look like - great or goofy ;)
Cheers, Wayne

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My family loves it but I think they're being biased and just trying to make me feel better. It passed the super hip little cousin test, but it's easy for her to like it when she's got gobs of long, gorgeous red hair.

I did not smack her, and I did not smile. I told her what was wrong with it and then I left a complaint for the manager of the salon. It is just not acceptable to ignore a customer's wishes. Yet another salon on my ban list. It's getting really long now.

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
The four words I dreaded hearing the most from the Ex:

"I HATE MY HAIR!"... :eek:

Personally, I prefer to cut my own. It's pretty course so I keep it short! It's easy! Clippers and three length combs. 3/4", 1/2" and 3/8" Takes about 10 minutes and I don't have to worry about the other guy not listening to what I want and I keep the $30 to buy takillya...

You want a verdict from the folks here at the lounge? ;)

Post a pic!!!! :D:D

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, right. I'm not posting a pic of me. But my hair looks pretty much like this:

Except I'm not Jennifer Love Hewitt and my hair is not that dark.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you prefer that I ignore you or deny your request flat out?

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No. A thousand times: no.

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
And wha't wrong with that?

You had something else in mind?

The best part, however, is that any bad cut grows out!

Still... post a pic! Paleese! :D:D:D

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Having your wife do it is cheating--I use the 1/2" cutting guide (4mm--are you serious?) and have at it. Clean things up with the tapered guides on the side, and the 1/4" on the back and I'm set. Only problem is trimming along my neck, but I'm even getting good at that. I've more than paid for the clippers by now.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
everydaybike said:
And wha't wrong with that?
The best part, however, is that any bad cut grows out!
It's not that it's a BAD cut, it's that it's not the cut I wanted.

·
What the Hell is going on
4,997 Posts
Give them the bird

Look what happened to me!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Paint, take it from your older wiser queen.. bring pictures of what you want. What you say, and what they hear are always two different things.

snap "with the 2 inch length hair" dragen

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
snapdragen said:
Paint, take it from your older wiser queen.. bring pictures of what you want. What you say, and what they hear are always two different things.
That's the thing though, snap. I didn't want a new style. I just wanted a good trim. How hard is it to comprehend the word "trim" !!?!!

The last time I got a hair cut in a salon (December a year ago), I told the guy I wanted the ends trimmed and the front tapered. You know what I'm talking about, the little angled shorter pieces in the front. That dude must have NEVER gone to cosmetology school, 'cause I came out with a LAYERED hairdo. I hate hate hated it. In fact, that's the reason I was getting such a drastic trim today, to try and get rid of what was left of those nasty ass layers.

People are stupid.

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Not to worry... in a few weeks, you can try to pursuade another to do it like you want. Like snap says... take a pic!

For now, though, just post a pic and let all of us here give you our honest opinions... :) big smile!

Cheers...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts