Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've really been reformed through this tour and I have become a Cav fan. How can you not love this guy? His interviews are hilarious. He actually gives some personality in a world of bland and scripted responses to media questions. And beyond everything else, he is a monster in the sprints. Nobody can touch this guy! He loses his leadout man and still crushes everyone in the sprints.

Anyway, I still love Tyler Farrar and Thor but I have really grown to like Cav through this tour. He's really impressive and probably the most interesting personality in the tour.

To the point, instead of checking bikes and seat tubes for small motors they need do an x-ray on Cavendish and see if his legs are actually cybernetic implants. Unreal.

·
A wheelist
11,322 Posts
He seems to be more subdued and mature since he got a comeuppance in the first two sprints. I hope he carries on this way as he was becoming somewhat obnoxious in his attitude. He's now very likable if you discount his past exuberances.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Agreed, Cav is a huge talent and one of the more interesting personalities on the tour.

I always enjoy his interviews - especially the cocky ones like when he said the peloton
were riding like a group of "juniors" last year at the TdF - love the fact that he speaks his
mind instead of issuing those canned responses you so often hear.

I have a love/hate thing with Cav - but no matter what, I think we will be talking about
"The Boy Racer" for many years to come.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts