Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wants to open itself and pour its delicious self down my throat.

What should I do?

joe

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Just drink the [email protected] thing. That's what it's for. We're drinkin' cheap box wine with expensive handmade chocolates and watching the wife learn the ways of the lounge.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
It wants to open itself and pour its delicious self down my throat.

What should I do?

joe
It is one of life's ironies that the second glass is better than the first, but the second day worse.

But, one of those vacuum stopper thingys helps. And no matter the color, the fridge will help the leftovers - just let them come to an appropriate temp before enjoying. It'll shock a little, but considering the options, not a worry.

OK, so it's not for the cult cab - but how likely is that to have leftovers?

Better still, find someone to share. The randomer the better.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what I'm doing right now, though the picture s from the other day...

joe

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
This is what I'm doing right now, though the picture s from the other day...

joe
that's not a picture of what you're drankin'

unless wine comes bottled in a guitar now, and i missed the memo :rolleyes:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
I've had quite a few average or below average first glasses of wine from the bottle.... and very few bad glasses of wine when it's the last glass from the same.

Drink it.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chain said:
I've had quite a few average or below average first glasses of wine from the bottle.... and very few bad glasses of wine when it's the last glass from the same.

Drink it.

Andrea convinced me not to. I'ma save it. Instead I'm watching House and playing guitar/bass.

I haven't played this acoustic bass in years. I let a buddy borrow it nearly three years ago.

joe

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
mickey-mac said:
You need a haircut, son.
he must be growing out the hipster hair.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
I like that haircut.

Me I'm on 1/2 glass of Cab. Just finished watching American Idol. Two words: Adam Lambert. A few more words...if only I was twenty and he wasn't gay...

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Me I'm on 1/2 glass of Cab. Just finished watching American Idol. Two words: Adam Lambert. A few more words...if only I was twenty and he wasn't gay...
What... you mean I should actually turn on my TV (20 isn't that young - well, after a bottle of wine anyway - my vintage of choice this evening: Mt. Boucherie Chardonnay - yum - though I like their Melange Noir better)

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
oarsman said:
What... you mean I should actually turn on my TV (20 isn't that young - well, after a bottle of wine anyway - my vintage of choice this evening: Mt. Boucherie Chardonnay - yum - though I like their Melange Noir better)

Yes. The boy can sing like I haven't heard since Stephen Tyler, and has all the natural gifting of a Curt Cobain. In short, he's actually too good for American Idol, and he's the only reason I'm watching it this season.

He's got that Cure emo thing going on that when I was twenty would've sent my little heart a pattering.

You may not be twenty, but you've got 50% more of the equation going for you than I do.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
You may not be twenty, but you've got 50% more of the equation going for you than I do.
But we can all sort of pretend we are 20, can't we? Oh, maybe not:( Mind you, tonight at the Rowing Club I was there having a beer and this really cute young guy (26 maybe?) started chatting me up. His DAD is a yachting member at the club. That would be his dad who can't be more than a few years older than me.... When he asked me what I did for a living and I told him a lawyer, he tells me he might be starting law school this fall. I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I finished law school in, oh 1987.

Hmmm.... this chardonnay seems to be almost gone, I can't imagine how that happened.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
oarsman said:
But we can all sort of pretend we are 20, can't we? Oh, maybe not:( Mind you, tonight at the Rowing Club I was there having a beer and this really cute young guy (26 maybe?) started chatting me up. His DAD is a yachting member at the club. That would be his dad who can't be more than a few years older than me.... When he asked me what I did for a living and I told him a lawyer, he tells me he might be starting law school this fall. I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I finished law school in, oh 1987.

Hmmm.... this chardonnay seems to be almost gone, I can't imagine how that happened.[/QUOTE]

Gee I wonder. Much like my second 1/2 glass of Cab. It's like, I'll be darned, it's in my stomach.

And fwiw, some dudes actually like the older set. We are after all, over all that funny-business of being young morons. OK most of it anyway. I still enjoy an occasional foray into moron-ville. Moron-ville can be a fun town to visit, I just don't want to live there.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
. I still enjoy an occasional foray into moron-ville. Moron-ville can be a fun town to visit, I just don't want to live there.
Indeed, so true...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts