Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm addicted to Italian (synthetic) leather. I took advantage of an "end of the year sale" at the bike shop and did a little shopping for myself. The two pair on the bottom are new (Road and MTB). I leave another pair at the gym for spin classes.

In my own defense, two pair are about to go on eBay. The winter pair haven't turned out to be as good as I hoped and they are a little small for thick socks. The blue pair have the turning buckles which I absolutely hate.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Am I the only cyclist who can't stand the fit of Sidis? I really tried, because I want to like them...I feel inferior because of my lack of Sidis.

Send me any pair of Specialized shoes in size 45 and my feet will love you.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,224 Posts
Many a year ago I slipped on some sidis and then plopped $175 on them with no doubts, based on the fit. Of course taking them unbroken in to crested butte and mtbing on them and their nice cork footbeds got them broken in just fine, thank you!

I likes my sidis.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
And this is in NCD.... why?!

Unless you wear them off the bike. Then I guess it'd be ok.

:)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lousylegs said:
Why did you not buy these?
I hate those buckles that turn. I prefer the ratcheting buckle or Velcro.

I posted in NCD because I love Sidi shoes. I may buy a motorcycle just so I can buy a pair of Sidi boots. With all the flippin forums, I don't know where anything is supposed to go. Should my shoes go in NCD (they are shoes), General, components (shoes are a component), regional (I'm in Jersey), Save Some Weight (Sidis are light), etc.

Maybe I should post them on MTBR since the majority of those shoes are MTB shoes.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I agree.....

biknben said:
I'm addicted to Italian (synthetic) leather. I took advantage of an "end of the year sale" at the bike shop and did a little shopping for myself. The two pair on the bottom are new (Road and MTB). I leave another pair at the gym for spin classes.

In my own defense, two pair are about to go on eBay. The winter pair haven't turned out to be as good as I hoped and they are a little small for thick socks. The blue pair have the turning buckles which I absolutely hate.
I have a narrow foot, & the only shoes that fir are the narrow last Sidi's I have 3 paair

Re winter shoes.....I have the lakes, and they are da bomb....Heavy yes, but dry and toasty. I've done 3 hours at 17 degrees with regular cycling socks and no shoe covers with no cold toes at all.

Len

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I couldn't imagine riding at 17 degrees. I used to have Nike Mt bike shoes and they were narrow. My feet aren't though so they were tight. I now use Specialized shoes that I got for $60 and they're fine. I'm pretty cheap and can't see spending that much on shoes.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vol245 said:
I'm pretty cheap and can't see spending that much on shoes.
That's what I said in '96. The pair middle-right have been my only road shoes since then. They are nearly ten years old. The Velcro barely holds now and I've had to glue the heel back down to the sole this past year. I remember freakin out because the cost me $165 at the time. Now they seem like a bargain.

Funny, I buy my other shoes at Kohl's and Target. When it comes to bike shoes...I go straight to the top. Priorities baby!!!

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,412 Posts
Do you have the carbon or the millenium soles ? Just asking because Sidi is our new shoe sponsor for 2006, and I can get a pair for 50% off. I'm used to Shimano carbons and would hate to end up with a flexy shoe. One of our riders said the the Genius carbon soles are too thin and are flexy. He recomended the Ergo.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MR_GRUMPY said:
Do you have the carbon or the millennium soles? One of our riders said the the Genius carbon soles are too thin and are flexy.
Sorry, I'm no help. I've never had the carbon soled shoes.

I can't justify the high end Sidi stuff...YET!!! My wife flipped and called me at work today when she saw the receipt from the bike shop. Then I explained I had bought TWO pairs of shoes. For some reason that didn't seem to calm her down much. :D

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,412 Posts
"My wife flipped and called me at work today when she saw the receipt from the bike shop."
This is why some things should be paid for with cash.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
"My wife flipped and called me at work today when she saw the receipt from the bike shop."
This is why some things should be paid for with cash.
or by the girlfriend with a credit card you gave her. wife would NEVER know.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
biknben said:
That's what I said in '96. The pair middle-right have been my only road shoes since then. They are nearly ten years old. The Velcro barely holds now and I've had to glue the heel back down to the sole this past year. I remember freakin out because the cost me $165 at the time. Now they seem like a bargain.

Funny, I buy my other shoes at Kohl's and Target. When it comes to bike shoes...I go straight to the top. Priorities baby!!!
+1

i spend $30-$50 on other shoes, at most. best buy, bass outlet, etc.

after three or four pairs of zero-longevity & ill-fitting shoes, jumped on a sidi deal at totalcycling.com.

now i have two pairs.

the other pair sits unused, yet.

after FOUR years.

genius 3's.

size 46.

hey Ben, those mtb's fit the same as the road shoes?

same size etc etc?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haiku d'etat said:
hey Ben, those mtb's fit the same as the road shoes?

same size etc etc?
Exactly the same. Do you like your shoes with or without lugs. That's the only difference.

OK, two differences...the MTBs don't have 3-hole Look drilling. :p

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
Am I the only cyclist who can't stand the fit of Sidis? I really tried, because I want to like them...I feel inferior because of my lack of Sidis.

Send me any pair of Specialized shoes in size 45 and my feet will love you.
Wow. I thought I'd logged in as Girchy. I'm about to replace my Sidi road shoes with Specialized, after using their MTB shoes for a year. Size 45, too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts