Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
recent flatbar experiment, actually rides pretty nice. Can always convert back to road habdlebars
Yes; Convert back to drop bar would be a superb idea :thumbsup: !

Have you completed the conversion back to drop bar yet :) ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
We don't have mountains here in Houston either, but we do have some very nice off road trails for XC riding. I bet Florida has the same.

Yes, I'm an enabler. I think everyone should have at least one MTB :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Me personally? It would have to be a 650b full suspension. 650 because I'm short, FS because I'm older and I like a little cush in my ride. My second choice would be a 29 hard tail. I like steel and Ti bikes, but there are also some very nice carbon MTBs. I'm not sure I could pick any specific one though because there's so many nice ones out there.

·
Registered
373 Posts
A custom bike that fits.... your seats look slammed forward, crazy high spacers, weird handlebar configurations.... you've spent a lot of $, but do any of them really fit you properly?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I agree on the custom bike. They all look to be too big for you. The Wilier looks to have too much steerer tube exposed as well.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
A custom bike that fits.... your seats look slammed forward, crazy high spacers, weird handlebar configurations.... you've spent a lot of $, but do any of them really fit you properly?
I don't know a whole lot about road bikes, but that was my first thought. What's going on there, everything looks all wonky.
I guess so long as they work.

As to mountain bike, if it flat in ou parts, you may/may no need FS. I'd go a Dean, but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You need an aluminum bike to run the gamut of frame materials. I would go CAAD 10 or Specialized Allez.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Seems like you have a very inflexible back? All your stems are pointing sky high, and the poor Willier almost looks like almost like a Cirque du Soleil creation.

But back to your collection. The Moots and Independent are redundant, and if you strip the logos off these 2, they would look almost the same.

The Willier, while is flashy in color, looks weird with the mega spacers.

The Serotta Meivici is the best looking frame of the bunch, but sadly it has a flat bar.

The issue is all these frames are racing frames (because they have race geometry) and you're trying to make them into cruisers.

But regardless, that's one hullava nice collection. If it were me, I would not have added the Indepent Fabrication, but instead get a custom XCr stainless steel frame (like the Cinelli XCR Rapha).

And forget about MTB. Mtb are not collectible stuff. It'll just end up being an ugly duckling eyesore in your collection, because you will not ride it (thanks to flatland FL) and it will not get any love, and it'll just turn into an eyesore.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Oh, and go find the best fitter in town, schedule an appointment, haul all of your bikes in with you(may want to let them know in advance that you want to be fit to all four) and say two words: "Help me." And then what i feel may be the hard part: listen to what they tell you to do.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.