Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I really dont want to shave them. Can we compromise? Is there an electric trimmer that would at least let me be accepted by my species? Or am I stuck in the primate society?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
roadandtrail said:
But I really dont want to shave them. Can we compromise? Is there an electric trimmer that would at least let me be accepted by my species? Or am I stuck in the primate society?
Your species rejects you? What species is that? I'm **** sapiens and many of us are hairy. I'm not aware of any rejection on that basis.

Just speculating here, but I'd bet that trimming your leg hair to a state of elongated stubble (which you could easily do with a buzz-cut trimmer) would look weird, and much worse than either the natural or shaved look.

Humans are primates, BTW. (Unless you're a creationist, I guess).

edit: I can't believe the word "****" got filtered out. That's dumb.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I can't really see myself shaving (or trimming) either.

I say revel in your hairy, dirt encrusted, parasite infested limbs and take comfort that it'll be cold enough to start wearing tights soon enough.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
The Cure:

You just have to break on thru to the other side of "But I really dont want to shave them". It can be no worse than quitting smoking. I did that once.

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
Just stay hairy. Once you shave you have to keep it up. Stubble on a man's legs is more noticeable than no hair at all.
On the flip side, big muscular legs look much better clean-shaven. It's nice after a clean shave to snuggle with the gf in bed, rub my legs against hers, and say "gee honey you're kind of stubbly, my legs are smoother than yours" :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
nOOky said:
Just stay hairy. Once you shave you have to keep it up. Stubble on a man's legs is more noticeable than no hair at all.
On the flip side, big muscular legs look much better clean-shaven. It's nice after a clean shave to snuggle with the gf in bed, rub my legs against hers, and say "gee honey you're kind of stubbly, my legs are smoother than yours" :D

This exactly, but without the comments to the gf. That lands me on the couch. I had my serious doubts about shaving, then I did it and crawled into bed with my gf and that aspect alone changed EVERYTHING. It felt soooo good.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Funny that I discovered h o m o was filtered in a thread about male leg shaving.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
hmmm...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Ghost234 said:
This exactly, but without the comments to the gf. That lands me on the couch. I had my serious doubts about shaving, then I did it and crawled into bed with my gf and that aspect alone changed EVERYTHING. It felt soooo good.

All your sexxy talk belongs now to me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
started shaving my this season and will never go back to hairy legs, I'm boarderline ocd about it, and shave then atleast twice a week. I said I never would at one time then I wanted to take me riding up a notch and somehow shaving my gams gave me a mental commitment and I've been much more dedicated to my sport and have pummeled all riders I encounter on my wed night rides.

·
Sucker for carbon
266 Posts
Figure out how much time it would take you to shave your legs every week, then add that amount of time to your riding.

I'm sure it'll do worlds better for you than shaving off a few grams of fur.

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
JCavilia said:
edit: I can't believe the word "****" got filtered out. That's dumb.
**** sapiens
I didn't believe you and had to try. Stupid.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts