Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FRAMESET: Fuji Altair 2 custom butted aluminum with Power Diamond downtube
FORK: FC-990 Fuji Bonded Carbon, integrated 1 1/8 Alloy Steerer
DRIVETRAIN: New TruVativ Elita GXP triple chainring w/ integrated spindle, Shimano 105 & Tiagra mix
WHEELSET: Formula CXR-330
HANDELBAR, STEM, SEATPOST: Fuji UltraLite, Comp and PRO series alloy
SIZE: 58cm
COLOR: Yellow / Gloss Black
WEIGHT: 19.9 lbs / 9.03 kg

I went ahead with the craigslist bike I posted about earlier. I rode it last night to make sure it shifted well etc. and it was awesome! I still need to get the seat and handle bars adjusted to me but other than that it rides like a dream. I talked the guy down to $650 which i think is pretty good.

The guy kept the pedals to put on his new bike and I have to still buy proper shoes. Any suggestions for a shoe/pedal combo? I would like to keep pedals and shoes combined in the $200-$150 range. Thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice bike. I was actually looking to get a Fuji very similar to yours before I found the Giant TCR that I currently ride. The only thing to watch out for is the Tru Vativ crank. If it is chrome plated like mine, the chrome will chip and probably start pitting after some time. It does not affect the integrity of the component but just looks kinda crappy. As for shoes and pedals it is all personal choice, but I went for Shimano SPD pedals and some MTB shoes. Reasoning was I have a MTB also and I like the double sided entry of the Shimano pedals and didn't want to use 2 different types of pedals/shoes with 2 different bikes. Also the MTB shoes you can walk in a little easier than road shoes. I found 2 sets of Shimano PD-M515 pedals (with new cleats) and a set of Shimano carbon sole shoes used for $50.

I see in your sig that you want to do an Oly Tri this fall. I did a sprint 3 weekends ago with the set up I mentioned and some cheap (~$30) Profile Design clip on aero bars. Good luck, Tri's are hard but fun!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice looking bike, as far as pedals and shoes check your LBS and see what they carry. You want to make sure the shoes you buy fit good. As far as pedals, I use Look Keo, they are easy to clip in and out and have three different cleats available (different float). I have heard great things about the shimano line of pedals (105, Ultegra, Dura Ace).

·
Registered
136 Posts
I used to have a 2006 Fuji Roubaix exactly like that one...it's a great bike!

Shoes and pedals are a pretty personal choice. The popular options are Looks, SPDs and EggBeaters. Looks are very nice but they're a little difficult to walk in...although you should be riding :)

I use a set of Time Atacs...but you won't find those on many road bikes...I use Atacs on my mountain bike as well, so I just have one set of shoes for both bikes.

Enjoy the bike!

Jared

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.