Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in 45 minutes. :eek:

Crock pot stew, 8 hours on low.

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Oops! Join the club of procrastination... yeeha!

Having grilled chops with Chipotle sauce, stuffed jalapenos, beans and rice...

Chops are still frozen...

Takillya for the ritas will a distraction in the mean time.

Cheers... EDB

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Done and cooking. I need to invest in a decent knife, it took forever to trim and cube the chuck roast. I need Advil now.....

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
You cube your own stew meat? Man, good for you. I buy those packets of cubed beef labeled "stew meat" (of all things). But I've had good luck using cooking shears on beef, too if you aren't all worried about making "cube" shaped pieces.

I'm a huge crock pot fan but was burning out on traditional stew. If you want to mix it up, use two cans condensed cream o' mushroom soap and one packet of onion soup mix (dry). It creates sort of a gravy-ish beef that's good on brown rice ...

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Normally I buy the "stew meat" too, but this is a new recipe I'm trying, it called for a chuck roast cut up. Probably no difference.

·
7,746 Posts
Report back on your success! For a good recipe, I suppose I could even cut up my own beef! :)

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
snapdragen said:
in 45 minutes. :eek:

Crock pot stew, 8 hours on low.
I had leftover pizza. I can't remember when it was leftover from, so it was probably not very bright to eat it. Whatevs.

I made some wheat gluten chicken tonight for some chicken pot pie, which I'll be making tomorrow night. Not sure how it'll turn out, but we'll see... it's for a non-vegetarian who is afraid of vegetarian fare, so we might be ordering a pizza.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Got a deal on scallops, 7 bucks a pound, my wife and I had broiled scallops with butter garlic sauce over linguine and a salad.......I'm buying more scallops tomorrow if they still have any...

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
vonteity said:
I had leftover pizza. I can't remember when it was leftover from, so it was probably not very bright to eat it. Whatevs.

I made some wheat gluten chicken tonight for some chicken pot pie, which I'll be making tomorrow night. Not sure how it'll turn out, but we'll see... it's for a non-vegetarian who is afraid of vegetarian fare, so we might be ordering a pizza.
i had frozen pizza. not too bad and some left over for tomorrows lunch.

as a non-veggie person (i pretty much hate veggies), i've had some decent meals made with seitan(sp?).

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
A nice day to slow cook dinner here too. I made this tonight (started around 1pm, did the dry rub last night):
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/bbq-pork-sandwich-recipe/index.html

Pretty good,it'll be a future repeat for sure. I couldn't find anything less than an 8lb pork shoulder (receipt called for 4lb), so I went w/ the butcher recommendation of a 4lb center cut section, still mighty tasty (and had a cool 4 section vertebrae that I removed before pulling apart).

Had 750ml of this before hand while watching ATOC:

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
snapdragen said:
Done and cooking. I need to invest in a decent knife, it took forever to trim and cube the chuck roast. I need Advil now.....

Not that you are asking, but I have a Wustof chefs and a global Asian chefs. the global is good for keeping and edge, sharpening, and quick work. But it lacks a shoulder/front bolster. If you do large amounts of cutting at once, you get a nasty blister on the pointer finger at the joint with your palm.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
JayTee said:
If you want to mix it up, use two cans condensed cream o' mushroom soap and one packet of onion soup mix (dry). It creates sort of a gravy-ish beef that's good on brown rice ...
My soul aches to hear you say this.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
I did some slow cookin' this weekend too. Made some simple black bean soup (took about 3 hours to cook the beans on the stove) to which I added a fine puree of avocado, lime juice and a little extra virgin olive oil. The avocado puree gives the soup a nice silky character, not to mention great flavor. Topped it with feta cheese.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sliced up a NY steak into small strips and fried it up in some sesame oil with some onion and garlic. Then dumped it over some lettuce, tomato and diced piece of string cheese, poured in some dressing..... Bingo, dinner.....

·
7,746 Posts
OH, c'mon bro. I've put together plenty of swankier meals, but in the real life world of work and other obligations, the "tasty concoction in the crock pot" absolutely gets me by at least one night per week in the winter Have mercy!

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
JayTee said:
OH, c'mon bro. I've put together plenty of swankier meals, but in the real life world of work and other obligations, the "tasty concoction in the crock pot" absolutely gets me by at least one night per week in the winter Have mercy!
Come on yourself. That sounds like a melted bouillon cube.

Aren't you supposed to begin with low sodium items when you're reducing? Cans of condensed soup, onion soup powder? Do deer lick you when you're out hiking?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts